Meet Jerlin and Sameeha, who will represent India at World Deaf Youth Games!
14-year-old Jerlin Anika and Sameeha Barvin are making history. They are the first deaf girls from Tamil Nadu to represent India at the World Deaf Youth Games that will happen at Armenia next year!
Jerlin is from Madurai, while Sameeha is from Kanyakumari. These small town girls have overcome disability to showcase their talents and exceptional skills on an international platform. Jerlin will be seen showing her expertise in badminton, while Sameeha is a winner in high jump and long jump events.
Both girls were chosen after a terrific performance at the 22nd National Games for the Deaf held at Jharkhand.
Both of them have won many laurels on the national platform. Jerlin is ranked as the 15th best badminton player in India!
Jerlin and Sameeha had a tough time entering the world of sports. They were constantly told by society and their relatives that they could not achieve much as they were disabled. But nothing could stop these winners!
Thanks to the love and support of their parents, these girls are all set to go places!
Watch in Sign Language
- Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
February 20, 2019
- Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
February 19, 2019
- Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
February 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports February 17, 2019 Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Superstar Rajinikanth will not contest Lok Sabha Elections
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Accessibility February 17, 2019 Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Salman Khan donates for families of Pulwama martyrs
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 17, 2019
Get-hooked February 20, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019
Get-hooked February 7, 2019