Meet Jerlin and Sameeha, who will represent India at World Deaf Youth Games!
14-year-old Jerlin Anika and Sameeha Barvin are making history. They are the first deaf girls from Tamil Nadu to represent India at the World Deaf Youth Games that will happen at Armenia next year!
Jerlin is from Madurai, while Sameeha is from Kanyakumari. These small town girls have overcome disability to showcase their talents and exceptional skills on an international platform. Jerlin will be seen showing her expertise in badminton, while Sameeha is a winner in high jump and long jump events.
Both girls were chosen after a terrific performance at the 22nd National Games for the Deaf held at Jharkhand.
Both of them have won many laurels on the national platform. Jerlin is ranked as the 15th best badminton player in India!
Jerlin and Sameeha had a tough time entering the world of sports. They were constantly told by society and their relatives that they could not achieve much as they were disabled. But nothing could stop these winners!
Thanks to the love and support of their parents, these girls are all set to go places!
Watch in Sign Language
- Some driving tips for people with disabilities
November 19, 2018
- Some tips to boost self-esteem for people with disabilities
November 19, 2018
- 5 things you must know about wheelchair users
November 18, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked November 17, 2018 What made Stan Lee's superheroes so magical for children with autism
- Headlines November 14, 2018 Marvel Comics creator Stan Lee dies at 95
- Accessibility November 13, 2018 This music teacher's video tutorials are bringing songs alive for people who are deaf & hard of hearing
- Get-hooked November 14, 2018 First ever scientific study establishes the magical link between music & autism
- Events November 15, 2018 BGFI's Accessible Tour to Mumbai Dockyard
- Parasports November 18, 2018 Shekhar Naik Foundation gives hope to aspiring blind cricketers
- Accessibility November 16, 2018 Filmmaker Rustom Irani to explore legal options against Jet Airways for alleged manhandling on flight
- Headlines November 14, 2018 Deepika and Ranveer want wedding guests to donate to charity
- Get-hooked November 15, 2018 Prayatna Counselling & Early Intervention Centre is on the journey of making a positive change
- Headlines November 18, 2018 India-Australia cricket series to begin on 21 November
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News