New wheelchairs to make elections hassle free for disabled voters in Rajasthan
Rajasthan is all set to go to polling booths this December for assembly elections. The election commission is not leaving any leaf unturned to ensure inclusion in the upcoming elections. According to reports, local panchayats across the state will buy new wheelchairs for disabled people to go to polling booths with minimal hassles!
Due to financial constraints, the state election commission was having a tough time trying to buy new wheelchairs. That is when authorities decided to ask local panchayats for help. Local bodies will be buying new wheelchairs at the earliest. These new wheelchairs can be used by disabled people in rural areas for later occasions as well.
This will ease the financial burden on election commission who aims to make at least 10 lakh disabled people participate in the upcoming elections.
Disabled people who come to polling booths will not have to wait in long queues. They will be allowed to go first in order to cast their votes.
Rajasthan government said that their theme for this year’s assembly elections is Sugam Matdan. It means that elections will be made easier for everyone!
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports November 20, 2018 Divyaang Myithri Sports Academy’s wheelchair cricket camp is a success
- Get-hooked November 18, 2018 5 things you must know about wheelchair users
- Accessibility November 18, 2018 Iconic film Sholay to be screened with audio description at IFFI 2018
- Headlines November 15, 2018 Supreme Court to hear review petitions for Sabarimala issue on 22 January
- Get-hooked November 14, 2018 First ever scientific study establishes the magical link between music & autism
- Headlines November 17, 2018 Priyanka to get married in Jodhpur, preparations are on
- Headlines November 19, 2018 Women's World T20 - India on top of Group B after beating Australia
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked November 17, 2018