New wheelchairs to make elections hassle free for disabled voters in Rajasthan
Rajasthan is all set to go to polling booths this December for assembly elections. The election commission is not leaving any leaf unturned to ensure inclusion in the upcoming elections. According to reports, local panchayats across the state will buy new wheelchairs for disabled people to go to polling booths with minimal hassles!
Due to financial constraints, the state election commission was having a tough time trying to buy new wheelchairs. That is when authorities decided to ask local panchayats for help. Local bodies will be buying new wheelchairs at the earliest. These new wheelchairs can be used by disabled people in rural areas for later occasions as well.
This will ease the financial burden on election commission who aims to make at least 10 lakh disabled people participate in the upcoming elections.
Disabled people who come to polling booths will not have to wait in long queues. They will be allowed to go first in order to cast their votes.
Rajasthan government said that their theme for this year’s assembly elections is Sugam Matdan. It means that elections will be made easier for everyone!
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events January 20, 2019 Cognitive Approach to Autism Management
- Headlines January 17, 2019 Jadavpur University Professor sacked for sexist remarks
- Headlines January 20, 2019 Amazon Great Indian Sale is here
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Teen prodigy Satvik Sharma expresses himself through incredible works of art
- Headlines January 21, 2019 PM launches National Museum of Indian Cinema
- Headlines January 22, 2019 Uri: The Surgical Strike is 2019's 1st hit
- Get-hooked January 20, 2019 Understanding Spinal Muscular Atrophy
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News