New wheelchairs to make elections hassle free for disabled voters in Rajasthan
July 10, 2018
Rajasthan is all set to go to polling booths this December for assembly elections. The election commission is not leaving any leaf unturned to ensure inclusion in the upcoming elections. According to reports, local panchayats across the state will buy new wheelchairs for disabled people to go to polling booths with minimal hassles!
Due to financial constraints, the state election commission was having a tough time trying to buy new wheelchairs. That is when authorities decided to ask local panchayats for help. Local bodies will be buying new wheelchairs at the earliest. These new wheelchairs can be used by disabled people in rural areas for later occasions as well.
This will ease the financial burden on election commission who aims to make at least 10 lakh disabled people participate in the upcoming elections.
Disabled people who come to polling booths will not have to wait in long queues. They will be allowed to go first in order to cast their votes.
Rajasthan government said that their theme for this year's assembly elections is Sugam Matdan. It means that elections will be made easier for everyone!
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 17, 2019 UN Security Council holds meeting about Kashmir
- Parasports August 15, 2019 Sekhar Goud is India's first triple amputee to scale Mount Elburus in Russia twice
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Kerala nun seeks justice from the Vatican
- Get-Hooked August 17, 2019 Trending stories on Newz Hook Aug 9 – Aug 16
- Get-Hooked August 16, 2019 Kuldeep Devendra Rawal wants to be a change maker using the power of music
- Events August 14, 2019 Let your hands do the talking
- Events August 14, 2019 Dyslexia Awareness Workshop
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News