New wheelchairs to make elections hassle free for disabled voters in Rajasthan
July 10, 2018
Rajasthan is all set to go to polling booths this December for assembly elections. The election commission is not leaving any leaf unturned to ensure inclusion in the upcoming elections. According to reports, local panchayats across the state will buy new wheelchairs for disabled people to go to polling booths with minimal hassles!
Due to financial constraints, the state election commission was having a tough time trying to buy new wheelchairs. That is when authorities decided to ask local panchayats for help. Local bodies will be buying new wheelchairs at the earliest. These new wheelchairs can be used by disabled people in rural areas for later occasions as well.
This will ease the financial burden on election commission who aims to make at least 10 lakh disabled people participate in the upcoming elections.
Disabled people who come to polling booths will not have to wait in long queues. They will be allowed to go first in order to cast their votes.
Rajasthan government said that their theme for this year's assembly elections is Sugam Matdan. It means that elections will be made easier for everyone!
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked March 16, 2019 Some tips to help children with learning disabilities
- Accessibility March 15, 2019 With 'Get Going', Chennai NGO Vidya Sagar aims to get disabled people out & about
- Accessibility March 15, 2019 Election Commission's voter helpline 1950 proves to be a letdown for disabled community in Chennai
- Accessibility March 14, 2019 Court asks ministries to respond to PIL challenging separate ID cards for rail concessions for disabled people
- Events March 14, 2019 Sangarsh'19
- Get-hooked March 15, 2019 Parenting corner- Managing stress
- Events March 20, 2019 Musical Puppet play- The Learning Factory
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News