Selection for Special Olympics in Tamil Nadu challenged by many groups
A protest was held by about 150 disabled children and their parents at Purasawalkam in Tamil Nadu against the alleged corrupt practices in organising Special Olympics for children and adults with intellectual disabilities.
The group accused a senior official of the Special Olympics Bharat-Tamil Nadu of assuming power without elections. The demand is that the person be removed from the post.
The Special Olympics Bharat-Tamil Nadu is a national sports federation recognised by the Union Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports. The aim is to develop sports opportunities for people with intellectual disabilities.
The protesters have said that the Special Olympics Bharat-Tamil Nadu has to be registered under the Societies Act. However, a constitution and bye laws have not been framed for the Special Olympics.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 19, 2019 Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
- Events February 21, 2019 Course in Learning Disabilities from Samadhan Goyam
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Help pours in for families of slain CRPF soldiers
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
- Accessibility February 18, 2019 Kozhikode Art Gallery under fire for blocking access to wheelchair users
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Salman Khan donates for families of Pulwama martyrs
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 18, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News