Mizroam gets India’s 1st dedicated Centre for Disability Studies
July 11, 2018
Mizoram Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla has inaugurated the Centre for Disability Studies at the Mizoram University in Aizawl, the first such centre in India.
The centre has been set up by the Department of Person with Disabilities, under the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment.
The centre will offer two-week short-term courses, a post-graduate diploma in a subject related to disability, and conduct several research works in the field.
The centre is first in India to focus on disability studies.
The idea of a disability studies centre was to give disabled people equal opportunities.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Understanding Deafblindness
- Events June 20, 2019 Workshop on Behaviour Therapy
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Narendra Modi celebrates yoga day at Ranchi
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 Snehankit Helpline for visually impaired students is helping them shine in academics
- Events June 20, 2019 Special buddies program (Intermediate group)
- Headlines June 26, 2019 Mamata Banerjee says ‘Super Emergency’ in India since Modi rule
- Events June 26, 2019 Music therapy for special needs children
- Headlines June 22, 2019 India deploys warships in view of US-Iran conflict
- Accessibility June 24, 2019 Buttons 2 Button is an adaptive clothing idea straight from a mom's heart
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Best friends Mary Vincy & Mary Jiya shares their success mantras
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News