Mizroam gets India’s 1st dedicated Centre for Disability Studies
Mizoram Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla has inaugurated the Centre for Disability Studies at the Mizoram University in Aizawl, the first such centre in India.
The centre has been set up by the Department of Person with Disabilities, under the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment.
The centre will offer two-week short-term courses, a post-graduate diploma in a subject related to disability, and conduct several research works in the field.
The centre is first in India to focus on disability studies.
The idea of a disability studies centre was to give disabled people equal opportunities.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked November 8, 2018 Miss Deaf Asia Nishtha Dudeja credits her win to a fighting spirit, a Newz Hook exclusive
- Headlines November 13, 2018 Union Minister Ananth Kumar passes away at age of 59
- Get-hooked November 13, 2018 Some shopping tips for blind people
- Technology November 12, 2018 Manovue glove opens doors to visually impaired people who do not know Braille
- Get-hooked November 11, 2018 Stephen Hawking's wheelchair & thesis fetch over $1 million at auction
- Get-hooked November 10, 2018 Abhaya Care Foundation lends a helping hand to children with disabilities
- Employment November 9, 2018 Career options for people with learning disabilities
- Get-hooked November 14, 2018 Help your child with autism sleep better
- Get-hooked November 12, 2018 Some activities for children with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Headlines November 10, 2018 Sabarimala remains turbulent as communal tenions continue
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked November 10, 2018