Mizroam gets India’s 1st dedicated Centre for Disability Studies
Mizoram Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla has inaugurated the Centre for Disability Studies at the Mizoram University in Aizawl, the first such centre in India.
The centre has been set up by the Department of Person with Disabilities, under the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment.
The centre will offer two-week short-term courses, a post-graduate diploma in a subject related to disability, and conduct several research works in the field.
The centre is first in India to focus on disability studies.
The idea of a disability studies centre was to give disabled people equal opportunities.
Watch in Sign Language
- Gujarat government launches important initiative towards early screening of learning disabilities
February 7, 2019
- Mumbai's Wilson College's certificate course in disability studies finds widespread support
February 5, 2019
- No clarity on final guidelines for medical entrance test, disabled aspirants still in the dark
January 30, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 12, 2019 Workshop on Advancing Your Interpreting Skills
- Employment February 10, 2019 Program by DFID-UK, SCPwD & National Star College-UK equips trainers with strategies to promote workplace inclusion
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Arun Jaitley back in India after treatment
- Events February 10, 2019 Cerebral Palsy at Bhopal and Varanasi 2019
- Events February 12, 2019 Empowering for Inclusion Summit 2019
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Events February 6, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News