Mizroam gets India’s 1st dedicated Centre for Disability Studies
July 11, 2018
Mizoram Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla has inaugurated the Centre for Disability Studies at the Mizoram University in Aizawl, the first such centre in India.
The centre has been set up by the Department of Person with Disabilities, under the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment.
The centre will offer two-week short-term courses, a post-graduate diploma in a subject related to disability, and conduct several research works in the field.
The centre is first in India to focus on disability studies.
The idea of a disability studies centre was to give disabled people equal opportunities.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Accessibility April 14, 2019 Accessibility issues reported from across India on first phase of voting
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 Hygiene lessons for children with autism can be made fun, here's how
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News