The exclusive Otsimo app uses interactive games to educate children with autism!
Zafer Elcik, a Turkish man, has created something with lots of love for children with autism, and a mobile app it is! Otsimo has been creating waves since the past two years. The journey of Zafer and Otsimo begins from Alper, Zafer’s younger brother!
Alper was diagnosed with autism when he was two years of age, and Zafer decided that he is going to spend a lot of time with his younger brother. He even used to attend special classes with him. Zafer realised the hardships faced by children with autism, and wanted to create something fun for them. That is how Otsimo was born!
Otsimo uses interactive games to help children with developmental disabilities to learn core skills like reading and writing. The process is made fun and informative for the child.
Since it has a PIN protected family module, parents can access it and decide what games their child must play!
The Machine Learning (ML) technology of the app optimises games and activities according to the child’s ability.
All these help children with autism to improve their attention span, reading, writing and mental skills like emotion identification.
Zafer knew that getting funds and developing the app was a tedious task in his home country Turkey. He collaborated with the Indian institution Ashoka Changemaker Schools to bring out the app successfully.
Otsimo can be used in both I-phones and Android phones. Today, Otsimo is has helped many children with autism from across the globe. Zafer is super happy that he could do his bit for children with autism. This young man aims to reduce the stigma attached to autism. Zafer points out that inclusion is need of the hour. He plans to implement more programmes for welfare of children with autism!
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked November 14, 2018 Help your child with autism sleep better
- Get-hooked November 14, 2018 Small touches that make love stronger when you date a deaf person
- Headlines November 12, 2018 Cyclonic storm lashes coasts of Tamil Nadu, south Andhra
- Headlines November 12, 2018 Air India pilot found drunk before flight
- Headlines November 14, 2018 Prime Minister Modi launches projects over ₹2,400 crore in Varanasi
- Headlines November 11, 2018 Deepika & Ranveer leave for Italy for wedding next week
- Headlines November 10, 2018 Vijay’s ‘Sarkar’ enters Rs 100 Crore club amidst controversies
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked November 10, 2018