Kochi will own three disabled-friendly beaches by end of 2018
There is no better way than spending quality time with your loved ones on a beach with beautiful waves touching your feet and the deep blue skies for company!
Kerala tourism is all set to make three major beaches in Kochi fully accessible by December 2018! Earlier, authorities had confirmed that all tourist locations across the state will be made accessible by 2020 as part of the Barrier Free Tourism Project.
More than Rs 44 lakh has been set aside to make Fort Kochi, Cherai and Munambam beaches disabled friendly. They will have wheelchair ramps, Braille signage, audio recordings and other facilities including accessible toilets.
These three beaches are the most sought after tourist spots in Ernakulam district. There are many disabled tourists who frequent these places every year.
An official from Ernakulam district administration said that other tourist hot spots like Durbar Hall Gallery, Ernakulam Boat Jetty, Marine Drive and Bhoothathankettu Dam will also be made accessible at the earliest. These will be included in the second phase of the project to make the district accessible to disabled people.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
- Headlines February 20, 2019 India Premier League season starts 23 March
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Headlines February 20, 2019 Two jets crash ahead of Bengaluru Aero India event, one pilot dies
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Salman Khan donates for families of Pulwama martyrs
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Vande Bharat Express breaks down a day after launch
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Accessibility February 12, 2019
Accessibility February 20, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019