Kochi will own three disabled-friendly beaches by end of 2018
July 13, 2018
There is no better way than spending quality time with your loved ones on a beach with beautiful waves touching your feet and the deep blue skies for company!
Kerala tourism is all set to make three major beaches in Kochi fully accessible by December 2018! Earlier, authorities had confirmed that all tourist locations across the state will be made accessible by 2020 as part of the Barrier Free Tourism Project.
More than Rs 44 lakh has been set aside to make Fort Kochi, Cherai and Munambam beaches disabled friendly. They will have wheelchair ramps, Braille signage, audio recordings and other facilities including accessible toilets.
These three beaches are the most sought after tourist spots in Ernakulam district. There are many disabled tourists who frequent these places every year.
An official from Ernakulam district administration said that other tourist hot spots like Durbar Hall Gallery, Ernakulam Boat Jetty, Marine Drive and Bhoothathankettu Dam will also be made accessible at the earliest. These will be included in the second phase of the project to make the district accessible to disabled people.
Watch in Sign Language
- Dehradun pool forced to grant equal access to disabled adults after official intervention
June 27, 2019
- Deaf Entertainment is bringing the magic of movies to new audiences
June 26, 2019
- Introduction of a wheelchair ramp might not be just what disability rights groups in Chennai asked for
June 26, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 27, 2019 Salman Khan accused of assault, robbery
- Education June 21, 2019 American College in Madurai introduces disability studies in syllabus
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Uber India apology to disability rights activist not enough, call for concrete measures
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Injury scares hit Indian cricket team
- Parasports June 26, 2019 Ireland win puts para shuttler Pramod Bhagat among contenders for Tokyo Paralympics
- Get-hooked June 24, 2019 Disabled adults experience the healing touch of animals for the first time at a therapy session
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Making a difference – Quick Tips for budding social entrepreneurs
- Events June 26, 2019 Morning of Fun
- Headlines June 23, 2019 ‘Kabir Singh’ becomes fourth-highest opener of 2019
- Parasports June 27, 2019 Bengaluru to play host to national blind football tournament
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News