Kochi will own three disabled-friendly beaches by end of 2018
There is no better way than spending quality time with your loved ones on a beach with beautiful waves touching your feet and the deep blue skies for company!
Kerala tourism is all set to make three major beaches in Kochi fully accessible by December 2018! Earlier, authorities had confirmed that all tourist locations across the state will be made accessible by 2020 as part of the Barrier Free Tourism Project.
More than Rs 44 lakh has been set aside to make Fort Kochi, Cherai and Munambam beaches disabled friendly. They will have wheelchair ramps, Braille signage, audio recordings and other facilities including accessible toilets.
These three beaches are the most sought after tourist spots in Ernakulam district. There are many disabled tourists who frequent these places every year.
An official from Ernakulam district administration said that other tourist hot spots like Durbar Hall Gallery, Ernakulam Boat Jetty, Marine Drive and Bhoothathankettu Dam will also be made accessible at the earliest. These will be included in the second phase of the project to make the district accessible to disabled people.
Watch in Sign Language
- #MeToo moment eludes India's disabled women, Tamil Nadu study reveals extent of invisibility
November 19, 2018
- Iconic film Sholay to be screened with audio description at IFFI 2018
November 18, 2018
- MCI moves towards public consultation on on amendments to disability rules for MBBS students
November 18, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines November 20, 2018 Amritsar grenade attack puts Punjab Police on the backfoot
- Headlines November 17, 2018 Mithali Raj is highest T20I run scorer in India, beats Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma
- Headlines November 19, 2018 Women's World T20 - India on top of Group B after beating Australia
- Get-hooked November 16, 2018 Sexual assaults on disabled women to come under focus in Delhi convention
- Headlines November 14, 2018 Deepika and Ranveer want wedding guests to donate to charity
- Headlines November 15, 2018 Supreme Court to hear review petitions for Sabarimala issue on 22 January
- Get-hooked November 19, 2018 Some tips to boost self-esteem for people with disabilities
- Parasports November 18, 2018 Shekhar Naik Foundation gives hope to aspiring blind cricketers
- Get-hooked November 15, 2018 Prayatna Counselling & Early Intervention Centre is on the journey of making a positive change
- Headlines November 17, 2018 Priyanka to get married in Jodhpur, preparations are on
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked November 17, 2018