Soorma movie review
July 14, 2018
'Soorma' starring Diljit Dosanjh and Taapsee Pannu was released yesterday. The movie is based on the inspirational life of hockey player Sandeep Singh.
Sandeep Singh made a brave comeback to the game he loved after a major accident that had left him disabled.
Actor Diljit Dosanjh plays the role of Sandeep Singh while Taapsee Pannu plays the character of hockey player Harpreet Kaur.
The movie has some praiseworthy acting skills from the lead actors but fails to make an impression otherwise altough the biopic is an is an emotional story.
The story of Sandeep Singh legendary but the execution by the makers fails to touch the dramatic ups and downs in the life of the brilliant sportsman.
In the movie Sandeep takes up hockey to win the heart of the girl he likes, hockey player Harpreet Kaur. The movie shows the grilling training sessions and the harsh treatments given to players by the coaches amid romantic rendezvous of the main actors.
After the interval, Sandeep is shot accidently and becomes paralyzed. Although the movie has been presented in an impressive manner, Diljit does shine the most. His acting gives some convincing moments in the movie.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 23, 2019 Certificate Course on Down Syndrome
- Accessibility June 26, 2019 Deaf Entertainment is bringing the magic of movies to new audiences
- Headlines June 22, 2019 India deploys warships in view of US-Iran conflict
- Accessibility June 26, 2019 Social media thread highlights barriers faced by disabled candidates at exam halls across India
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Growing number of fake disability certification rackets highlight need for stricter checks & action
- Education June 24, 2019 Inclusive Education - Challenges and Barriers - Guest column by Rukmini Krishnaswamy
- Headlines June 26, 2019 Mamata Banerjee says ‘Super Emergency’ in India since Modi rule
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News