Parks for kids with disabilities to be set up in Odisha capital
The capital of Odisha, Bhubaneswar has taken an important step towards inclusion! The city will soon get a sensory park under the smart city programme.
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik recently laid the foundation for a sensory park for children with special needs.
The sensory park will have accessibility features like ramps integrated with play and music. There will also be a Braille wall, sound wall and reflexology path. This will be created by integrating soil, grass and pebbles for providing a unique sensory sensation.
The Bhubaneswar Urban Knowledge Centre (BUKC) has prepared its design. All the play equipment in this park has been designed as per the requirements of disabled children. This includes bucket swings, wheelchair swings and wheelchair merry-go-round.
There will also be a ball pool and sand play table to enable children to play with sand while seating on a wheelchair. There will be a sandpit and rubber flooring to prevent the chances of any injuries during play.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports December 17, 2018 Nothing stops this blind cricketer from batting for inclusion into IPL
- Headlines December 16, 2018 13 miners in Meghalaya feared dead, search operations on
- Headlines December 12, 2018 Election results from 5 states, massive disappointment for BJP
- Headlines December 16, 2018 Three terrorists & seven civilians killed at encounter in Jammu & Kashmir
- Headlines December 15, 2018 Badminton players Saina Nehwal and Parupalli Kashyap are married
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Accessibility December 17, 2018 Ezy Mov, the wheelchair taxi service, makes Accessible Goa a reality
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018