Parks for kids with disabilities to be set up in Odisha capital
July 15, 2018
The capital of Odisha, Bhubaneswar has taken an important step towards inclusion! The city will soon get a sensory park under the smart city programme.
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik recently laid the foundation for a sensory park for children with special needs.
The sensory park will have accessibility features like ramps integrated with play and music. There will also be a Braille wall, sound wall and reflexology path. This will be created by integrating soil, grass and pebbles for providing a unique sensory sensation.
The Bhubaneswar Urban Knowledge Centre (BUKC) has prepared its design. All the play equipment in this park has been designed as per the requirements of disabled children. This includes bucket swings, wheelchair swings and wheelchair merry-go-round.
There will also be a ball pool and sand play table to enable children to play with sand while seating on a wheelchair. There will be a sandpit and rubber flooring to prevent the chances of any injuries during play.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan pays 70 crore tax
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 How to help a person with autism feel calm
- Events April 18, 2019 Special Summer Camp
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Road to getting disability certificates filled with barriers for hemophilia patients
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News