Parks for kids with disabilities to be set up in Odisha capital
The capital of Odisha, Bhubaneswar has taken an important step towards inclusion! The city will soon get a sensory park under the smart city programme.
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik recently laid the foundation for a sensory park for children with special needs.
The sensory park will have accessibility features like ramps integrated with play and music. There will also be a Braille wall, sound wall and reflexology path. This will be created by integrating soil, grass and pebbles for providing a unique sensory sensation.
The Bhubaneswar Urban Knowledge Centre (BUKC) has prepared its design. All the play equipment in this park has been designed as per the requirements of disabled children. This includes bucket swings, wheelchair swings and wheelchair merry-go-round.
There will also be a ball pool and sand play table to enable children to play with sand while seating on a wheelchair. There will be a sandpit and rubber flooring to prevent the chances of any injuries during play.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked October 24, 2018 Ashok Munne's trips build friendships, promote inclusion & shatter notions about disability
- Headlines October 20, 2018 India take on West Indies in first of 5-match one day match series
- Accessibility October 21, 2018 Wheelchair taxi service Ezy Mov is set to go places
- Get-hooked October 17, 2018 Sudeep Shukla, India's first deaf MLA candidate looks forward to making history
- Get-hooked October 21, 2018 Indian Sign Language gets to wider audience, thanks to GiftAbled Foundation
- Headlines October 21, 2018 Bollywood celebrity manager accused in #MeToo movement attempts suicide
- Headlines October 19, 2018 Air quality in Delhi dips to very poor, emergency meeting held
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News