Parks for kids with disabilities to be set up in Odisha capital
The capital of Odisha, Bhubaneswar has taken an important step towards inclusion! The city will soon get a sensory park under the smart city programme.
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik recently laid the foundation for a sensory park for children with special needs.
The sensory park will have accessibility features like ramps integrated with play and music. There will also be a Braille wall, sound wall and reflexology path. This will be created by integrating soil, grass and pebbles for providing a unique sensory sensation.
The Bhubaneswar Urban Knowledge Centre (BUKC) has prepared its design. All the play equipment in this park has been designed as per the requirements of disabled children. This includes bucket swings, wheelchair swings and wheelchair merry-go-round.
There will also be a ball pool and sand play table to enable children to play with sand while seating on a wheelchair. There will be a sandpit and rubber flooring to prevent the chances of any injuries during play.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
- Events February 13, 2019 Job Oriented Preparatory Workshop for persons with disabilities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News