Parks for kids with disabilities to be set up in Odisha capital
July 15, 2018
The capital of Odisha, Bhubaneswar has taken an important step towards inclusion! The city will soon get a sensory park under the smart city programme.
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik recently laid the foundation for a sensory park for children with special needs.
The sensory park will have accessibility features like ramps integrated with play and music. There will also be a Braille wall, sound wall and reflexology path. This will be created by integrating soil, grass and pebbles for providing a unique sensory sensation.
The Bhubaneswar Urban Knowledge Centre (BUKC) has prepared its design. All the play equipment in this park has been designed as per the requirements of disabled children. This includes bucket swings, wheelchair swings and wheelchair merry-go-round.
There will also be a ball pool and sand play table to enable children to play with sand while seating on a wheelchair. There will be a sandpit and rubber flooring to prevent the chances of any injuries during play.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 Does parenting change with changing eyesight? - Guest column by Vineet Saraiwala
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Parenting Corner- Food Aversion and Autism
- Headlines June 10, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Australia
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan donates to families of Pulwama martyrs
- Technology June 13, 2019 #TechThursdays - EMx turns the spotlight on early intervention & inclusive education in the 3rd edition
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Cycle Ride
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News