Jessica, the rising YouTube star, speaks up for people who are disabled & gay communities
July 18, 2018
10 years ago, Jessica Kellgren-Fozard from the United Kingdom, would have never thought that she could make a living out of posting YouTube videos. Now she is a full-time YouTuber and makes a good living off it.
The 29-year-old started her YouTube activities in 2011, but it was only recently that she became a star. What sets her apart from the rest is that she represents the deaf, disabled and LGBTQ communities.
Jessica has a combination of genetic disorders and disabilities that have led to weakness in her soft tissue and paralysis of her nerves. This also makes her deaf and leads to fatigue and pain.
Her work on YouTube speaks for all the communities she is part of and her commitment to creating awareness about them.
Jessica decided to create a YouTube space so people in situations like her have a place where they feel represented. The idea is also to educate those who want to understand more about what she goes through on a daily basis.
She is happy with the feedback she gets, especially from fellow disabled or gay people who feel she has helped them see life more positively.
Her video, Why I Don't Sound Deaf, is among the most popular videos on YouTube. So far, it has received more than 3.2 million views.
Jessica also speaks on stage about her disabilities and the pride she feels in being part of the LGBTQ community, fashion and wellbeing.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Best friends Mary Vincy & Mary Jiya shares their success mantras
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 New study highlights importance of educating & training for children with autism
- Events June 26, 2019 Morning of Fun
- Technology June 24, 2019 New web-based remote promises to change TV viewing for people with disabilities
- Events June 26, 2019 Sign Language Workshop
- Employment June 20, 2019 Karnataka's popular Mitti Cafe chain, manned entirely by disabled staff, set to expand to other cities
- Headlines June 19, 2019 Encephalitis kills 108 people in Bihar
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Rahul Gandhi firm on quitting as Congress chief
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some effective yoga poses for wheelchair users
- Headlines June 25, 2019 Encephalitis deaths rise across Bihar, M.P under alert
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News