India's first WhatApp voiceover bank promotes inclusion & opportunity!
Be it popular radio shows or our favorite advertisements, hearing a good voice over the waves is something everyone looks forward to.
In a novel initiative, that promotes both employment and inclusion, Simran Chawla, a Delhi University student, has started a Voiceover Bank. What makes her idea unique is that it is on WhatsApp!
Chawla, who is visually impaired, aims to create a common platform that will include voiceover artistes, coaches, as well as agents.
I like to do voiceovers and I found that there were many such platforms on Facebook, but nothing on WhatsApp. So, I thought why not start a bank where everyone can post their requirements and artistes will respond depending on what the need is. Also, there are many freshers in this industry and this could be a space where they can get tips and inputs from experienced people – Simran Chawla, Founder, Voiceover Bank on WhatsApp
Chawla also works as a radio jockey with Radio Udaan, the online radio channel by people with disabilities. However, the bank is not a part of Radio Udaan and is her independent venture.
Chawla has kept the Voiceover Bank inclusive, open to people with and without disabilities.
Less than a month after it was launched on 5 July, 58 people have signed up. So far, its mostly visually impaired people who have signed up, but Chawla hopes to see people with all kinds of disabilities join the platform.
I am happy to see that there are many coaches and artistes on the group and they are all exchanging ideas and notes - Founder, Voiceover Bank on WhatsApp
Voiceovers make a big difference in conveying the message as well engaging with the audience. Engaging more disabled people is a great idea as this will bring in new perspectives and help promote diversity and inclusion in a big way.
Those interested to know more can contact Simran at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch in Sign Language
- Staff from schools for disabled kids protest against government apathy in Kerala
December 15, 2018
- Visual impairment is no barrier to a successful career. Here are some tips
December 12, 2018
- Learn sign language over a cuppa at this Jodhpur cafe
December 11, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 16, 2018 Health Problems in children with Autism
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Society attitudes are a big threat for development of children with disabilities
- Headlines December 11, 2018 Farmer sells 2,000-kg onion for 6/-, sends money to top politician
- Get-hooked December 11, 2018 New study highlights importance of building motor skills in kids with autism
- Headlines December 12, 2018 United Kingdom court orders extradition of Vijay Mallya to India
- Headlines December 15, 2018 India vs Australia - Decision to drop Jadeja criticised
- Headlines December 12, 2018 Shaktikanta Das to succeed Urjit Patel as RBI governor
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Some useful Information about Angelman Syndrome
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Senior BJP leader questions choice of new RBI governor, party embarrassed
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Kamal Nath will be Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News