India's first WhatApp voiceover bank promotes inclusion & opportunity!
Be it popular radio shows or our favorite advertisements, hearing a good voice over the waves is something everyone looks forward to.
In a novel initiative, that promotes both employment and inclusion, Simran Chawla, a Delhi University student, has started a Voiceover Bank. What makes her idea unique is that it is on WhatsApp!
Chawla, who is visually impaired, aims to create a common platform that will include voiceover artistes, coaches, as well as agents.
I like to do voiceovers and I found that there were many such platforms on Facebook, but nothing on WhatsApp. So, I thought why not start a bank where everyone can post their requirements and artistes will respond depending on what the need is. Also, there are many freshers in this industry and this could be a space where they can get tips and inputs from experienced people – Simran Chawla, Founder, Voiceover Bank on WhatsApp
Chawla also works as a radio jockey with Radio Udaan, the online radio channel by people with disabilities. However, the bank is not a part of Radio Udaan and is her independent venture.
Chawla has kept the Voiceover Bank inclusive, open to people with and without disabilities.
Less than a month after it was launched on 5 July, 58 people have signed up. So far, its mostly visually impaired people who have signed up, but Chawla hopes to see people with all kinds of disabilities join the platform.
I am happy to see that there are many coaches and artistes on the group and they are all exchanging ideas and notes - Founder, Voiceover Bank on WhatsApp
Voiceovers make a big difference in conveying the message as well engaging with the audience. Engaging more disabled people is a great idea as this will bring in new perspectives and help promote diversity and inclusion in a big way.
Those interested to know more can contact Simran at email@example.com.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked October 19, 2018 Cycling for children with autism, some information
- Events October 21, 2018 Diwali Mela 2018
- Headlines October 19, 2018 Kerala shutdowns after protests in Sabarimala
- Accessibility October 23, 2018 'Meet' the man who is bringing Hindi & Urdu poetry alive for visually impaired people
- Headlines October 19, 2018 Air quality in Delhi dips to very poor, emergency meeting held
- Get-hooked October 23, 2018 Some indoor fun options for children with autism
- Headlines October 17, 2018 Allahabad in Uttar Pradesh will now be known as Prayagraj
- Get-hooked October 18, 2018 ALFAA centre for people with autism has a story of remarkable spirit behind it
- Get-hooked October 19, 2018 This Bengaluru NGO looks to nature to improve the wellbeing of disabled kids
- Education October 20, 2018 Some ways to help kids with autism prepare for exams
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News