Disability Pension Scheme - Uttarakhand
July 18, 2018
The hill state of Uttarakhand poses many challenges in terms of terrain when it comes to social welfare schemes. Here, the state disability pension is known as Viklang Bharan Poshan Anudaan. The pension is given to disabled people for their maintenance and is a combination of the state as well as the Indira Gandhi National Disability Pension Scheme (IGNDPS).
What is offered
The monthly disability pension offered by the state government is Rs 400.
Who is eligible
- People with above 40 % disability
- Age group of 18-79 years.
- Must be from BPL category or without a source of income
- Must be a resident of Uttarakhand.
- Disability certificate
- Age proof
- BPL card/income proof
- Proof of residence
How to apply
- For rural- Contact Gram Panchayat Vikas Officer/Block Development Officer for application form and to submit the form. Form must be attested by village head.
- For urban - Contact District Social Welfare Officer for application form and to submit the form. Form should be attested by Tahsildar/Collector.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Google bans TikTok in India
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 How to help a person with autism feel calm
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable deaf voters make an informed choice
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Maneka Gandhi gets notice from Election Commission
- Headlines April 12, 2019 First phase of 17th Loka Sabha elections completed
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Congress spokesperson attacks her party
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Swarga Foundation workshop at Coimbatore airport builds sensitivity towards needs of disabled travelers
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News