Disability Pension Scheme - Uttarakhand
The hill state of Uttarakhand poses many challenges in terms of terrain when it comes to social welfare schemes. Here, the state disability pension is known as Viklang Bharan Poshan Anudaan. The pension is given to disabled people for their maintenance and is a combination of the state as well as the Indira Gandhi National Disability Pension Scheme (IGNDPS).
What is offered
The monthly disability pension offered by the state government is Rs 400.
Who is eligible
- People with above 40 % disability
- Age group of 18-79 years.
- Must be from BPL category or without a source of income
- Must be a resident of Uttarakhand.
- Disability certificate
- Age proof
- BPL card/income proof
- Proof of residence
How to apply
- For rural- Contact Gram Panchayat Vikas Officer/Block Development Officer for application form and to submit the form. Form must be attested by village head.
- For urban - Contact District Social Welfare Officer for application form and to submit the form. Form should be attested by Tahsildar/Collector.
Watch in Sign Language
- Diabetes-related eye diseases is the leading cause of blindness in India, says study
December 14, 2018
- Miracle on Wheels is transforming lives of thousands of wheelchair users in India
December 14, 2018
- Deaf candidate Sudeep Shukla impresses in polls, shows the way to disabled political aspirants
December 13, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports December 11, 2018 Protest by Kerala para sportspersons to draw attention to struggle for facilities, funding
- Events December 13, 2018 DRIVE FOR AUTISM - A TSD CAR RALLY
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Isha Ambani & Anand Piramal ties the knot at Ambani’s residence in Mumbai
- Events December 11, 2018 Annual Party Forum For Autism
- Headlines December 8, 2018 Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje accuses opposition leader of body-shaming
- Accessibility December 7, 2018 Come June 2019, Kolkata's historic Victoria Memorial promises to re-open in an accessible avatar
- Education December 14, 2018 Top medical institute in Chandigarh under scanner for discriminating against disabled candidates
- Accessibility December 9, 2018 Bengaluru’s Namma Pride gets a thumbs up for its accessibility features
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Some useful Information about Angelman Syndrome
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 4% job reservation for disabled people announced in Goa
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked December 12, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News