Disability Pension Scheme - Uttarakhand
The hill state of Uttarakhand poses many challenges in terms of terrain when it comes to social welfare schemes. Here, the state disability pension is known as Viklang Bharan Poshan Anudaan. The pension is given to disabled people for their maintenance and is a combination of the state as well as the Indira Gandhi National Disability Pension Scheme (IGNDPS).
What is offered
The monthly disability pension offered by the state government is Rs 400.
Who is eligible
- People with above 40 % disability
- Age group of 18-79 years.
- Must be from BPL category or without a source of income
- Must be a resident of Uttarakhand.
- Disability certificate
- Age proof
- BPL card/income proof
- Proof of residence
How to apply
- For rural- Contact Gram Panchayat Vikas Officer/Block Development Officer for application form and to submit the form. Form must be attested by village head.
- For urban - Contact District Social Welfare Officer for application form and to submit the form. Form should be attested by Tahsildar/Collector.
Watch in Sign Language
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
- Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
February 17, 2019
- #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
February 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Headlines February 11, 2019 ‘Gully Boy’ screened at Berlin Film Festival, gets positive reviews
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Cherish your life with all its unique flaws and blessings- My Take by Sundari Sivasubbu, Author
- Events February 12, 2019 World Women's Day
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajinikanth’s daughter Soundarya gets married
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Understanding Rett Syndrome
- Technology February 17, 2019 Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News