Disability Pension Scheme - Uttarakhand
July 18, 2018
The hill state of Uttarakhand poses many challenges in terms of terrain when it comes to social welfare schemes. Here, the state disability pension is known as Viklang Bharan Poshan Anudaan. The pension is given to disabled people for their maintenance and is a combination of the state as well as the Indira Gandhi National Disability Pension Scheme (IGNDPS).
What is offered
The monthly disability pension offered by the state government is Rs 400.
Who is eligible
- People with above 40 % disability
- Age group of 18-79 years.
- Must be from BPL category or without a source of income
- Must be a resident of Uttarakhand.
- Disability certificate
- Age proof
- BPL card/income proof
- Proof of residence
How to apply
- For rural- Contact Gram Panchayat Vikas Officer/Block Development Officer for application form and to submit the form. Form must be attested by village head.
- For urban - Contact District Social Welfare Officer for application form and to submit the form. Form should be attested by Tahsildar/Collector.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Why my dad's my superhero - Father's Day Tributes
- Get-hooked June 13, 2019 Feeling body positive when you have a disability
- Education June 13, 2019 #ChangeMakers - National award winning teacher Manju Arif calls children the biggest inclusion champions
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Providing service with care & compassion is the mantra for Walktors At Home
- Events June 13, 2019 Own Your Life- Session for Parents
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Budding poet Neerada uses words to shatter notions about autism
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Bengal doctors reject Mamata Banerjee's plea to call off strike
- Events June 11, 2019 From the ‘Whys’ to the ‘Hows’
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News