Disability Pension Scheme – Uttarakhand
The hill state of Uttarakhand poses many challenges in terms of terrain when it comes to social welfare schemes. Here, the state disability pension is known as Viklang Bharan Poshan Anudaan. The pension is given to disabled people for their maintenance and is a combination of the state as well as the Indira Gandhi National Disability Pension Scheme (IGNDPS).
What is offered
The monthly disability pension offered by the state government is Rs 400.
Who is eligible
- People with above 40 % disability
- Age group of 18-79 years.
- Must be from BPL category or without a source of income
- Must be a resident of Uttarakhand.
- Disability certificate
- Age proof
- BPL card/income proof
- Proof of residence
How to apply
- For rural- Contact Gram Panchayat Vikas Officer/Block Development Officer for application form and to submit the form. Form must be attested by village head.
- For urban – Contact District Social Welfare Officer for application form and to submit the form. Form should be attested by Tahsildar/Collector.
Watch in Sign Language
Support us to make NewzHook Sustainable – Make a Contribution Today
We need your continued support to enable us work towards Changing Attitudes towards Disability. Help us in our attempt to share the voices of people with disabilities that enable them to participate in the society on an equal footing!