Disability Pension Scheme - Uttar Pradesh
July 19, 2018
India's largest state, Uttar Pradesh, offers a disability pension scheme called Divyanjan Pension. This is a fusion of the the state as well as the Indira Gandhi National Disability Pension scheme.
What is offered
The monthly disability pension offered is Rs 300.
Who is eligible
- Should be a resident of the state
- Beneficiary should fall Below Poverty Line. This is presently on the basis of Rs.46,080 in rural areas and Rs 56,460 in urban areas per family per year.
- Above 18 years of age
- Minimum 40% disability
- People receiving aid under old age pension, widow pension, Samajwadi pension or any other scheme are not eligible. Nor are people receiving support from government institutions/shelters.
- Decision of the Collector will be final relative to eligibility of the beneficiaries.
- Disability certificate
- Proof of residence. This can be ration/voter card, or certificate issued by Sarpanch/panchayat)
- Savings bank account number.
- Proof of income issued by MP/MLA/Mayor, Chairman of Nagar Panchayat or Zila Panchayat/Tehsildar, Block Development Officer/ or even Gram Pradhan.
How to apply
Applicant needs to visit Gram Sabha and District Handicapped Welfare Officer.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 15, 2019 Accessible Bowling
- Headlines April 21, 2019 IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 This programme claims to empower kids with developmental disorders through virtual training
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News