Disability Pension Scheme - Uttar Pradesh
July 19, 2018
India's largest state, Uttar Pradesh, offers a disability pension scheme called Divyanjan Pension. This is a fusion of the the state as well as the Indira Gandhi National Disability Pension scheme.
What is offered
The monthly disability pension offered is Rs 300.
Who is eligible
- Should be a resident of the state
- Beneficiary should fall Below Poverty Line. This is presently on the basis of Rs.46,080 in rural areas and Rs 56,460 in urban areas per family per year.
- Above 18 years of age
- Minimum 40% disability
- People receiving aid under old age pension, widow pension, Samajwadi pension or any other scheme are not eligible. Nor are people receiving support from government institutions/shelters.
- Decision of the Collector will be final relative to eligibility of the beneficiaries.
- Disability certificate
- Proof of residence. This can be ration/voter card, or certificate issued by Sarpanch/panchayat)
- Savings bank account number.
- Proof of income issued by MP/MLA/Mayor, Chairman of Nagar Panchayat or Zila Panchayat/Tehsildar, Block Development Officer/ or even Gram Pradhan.
How to apply
Applicant needs to visit Gram Sabha and District Handicapped Welfare Officer.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Understanding Deafblindness
- Events June 26, 2019 Talk Tools Workshop
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Dhoni must keep playing, says ex Aussie cricketer
- Events June 20, 2019 Certificate course in Assistive Technology Solutions
- Accessibility June 26, 2019 Introduction of a wheelchair ramp might not be just what disability rights groups in Chennai asked for
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 Snehankit Helpline for visually impaired students is helping them shine in academics
- Education June 21, 2019 American College in Madurai introduces disability studies in syllabus
- Headlines June 19, 2019 Aussie player Steve Smith praises Virat
- Headlines June 19, 2019 Encephalitis kills 108 people in Bihar
- Technology June 24, 2019 New web-based remote promises to change TV viewing for people with disabilities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News