Disability Pension Scheme - Uttar Pradesh
India's largest state, Uttar Pradesh, offers a disability pension scheme called Divyanjan Pension. This is a fusion of the the state as well as the Indira Gandhi National Disability Pension scheme.
What is offered
The monthly disability pension offered is Rs 300.
Who is eligible
- Should be a resident of the state
- Beneficiary should fall Below Poverty Line. This is presently on the basis of Rs.46,080 in rural areas and Rs 56,460 in urban areas per family per year.
- Above 18 years of age
- Minimum 40% disability
- People receiving aid under old age pension, widow pension, Samajwadi pension or any other scheme are not eligible. Nor are people receiving support from government institutions/shelters.
- Decision of the Collector will be final relative to eligibility of the beneficiaries.
- Disability certificate
- Proof of residence. This can be ration/voter card, or certificate issued by Sarpanch/panchayat)
- Savings bank account number.
- Proof of income issued by MP/MLA/Mayor, Chairman of Nagar Panchayat or Zila Panchayat/Tehsildar, Block Development Officer/ or even Gram Pradhan.
How to apply
Applicant needs to visit Gram Sabha and District Handicapped Welfare Officer.
Watch in Sign Language
- Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
February 20, 2019
- Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
February 19, 2019
- Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
February 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 Kerala's disability rights groups gear up to challenge unjust road transport authorities
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Pakistani actors and artists banned by Indian film industry
- Events February 17, 2019 Skills Development Transition Program
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 8, 2019
Get-hooked February 16, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019
Get-hooked February 7, 2019