Disability Pension Scheme - Sikkim
Sikkim, which is among India's smallest states and is home to beautiful monasteries and glaciers, offers Subsistence Allowance to every person with a disability. This is given by the Social Justice, Empowerment and Welfare Department.
What is offered
A monthly pension of Rs 600 is given to every disabled person.
Who is eligible
- Beneficiary must have disability of 40% and above.
- Annual family income should not be more than Rs 24,000
- Must be a resident of Sikkim
- 18 to 79 years
- Anyone getting the benefit of any other disability pension from state or central government is not eligible.
- Disability certificate
- Proof of residence
- Income certificate
- 3 passport size photographs
How to apply
Beneficiary should approach the Social Welfare Officers as well as the Social Welfare Division at Gangtok. Applicants in villages can submit their forms to the panchayat.
Read about the disability pension schemes offered in other states in the North East:
Watch in Sign Language
- Some common misconceptions about Braille
January 24, 2019
- Some things to avoid when you parent a child with autism
January 23, 2019
- The Headway Foundation's annual Rendezvous promises some exciting announcements
January 23, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events January 18, 2019 Inclusive Zumba
- Headlines January 22, 2019 WhatsApp forwards now limited
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Bengaluru NGOs show a large heart with donations for disabled, homeless people
- Technology January 20, 2019 Assistive technologies help children with Down syndrome. Here's how
- Get-hooked January 19, 2019 Find a life partner at this disability matrimonial event
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Teen prodigy Satvik Sharma expresses himself through incredible works of art
- Headlines January 19, 2019 Tight security for women who entered Sabarimala
- Events January 20, 2019 Trinayani's 18th Inclusive Monthly Meetup
- Headlines January 24, 2019 Piyush Goyal takes charge of finance
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Some things to not tell a disabled person when you meet online
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News