Disability Pension Scheme - Sikkim
Sikkim, which is among India's smallest states and is home to beautiful monasteries and glaciers, offers Subsistence Allowance to every person with a disability. This is given by the Social Justice, Empowerment and Welfare Department.
What is offered
A monthly pension of Rs 600 is given to every disabled person.
Who is eligible
- Beneficiary must have disability of 40% and above.
- Annual family income should not be more than Rs 24,000
- Must be a resident of Sikkim
- 18 to 79 years
- Anyone getting the benefit of any other disability pension from state or central government is not eligible.
- Disability certificate
- Proof of residence
- Income certificate
- 3 passport size photographs
How to apply
Beneficiary should approach the Social Welfare Officers as well as the Social Welfare Division at Gangtok. Applicants in villages can submit their forms to the panchayat.
Read about the disability pension schemes offered in other states in the North East:
Watch in Sign Language
- Hum-Drum, a participatory musical program for children with disabilities - My Take by Rzhude David
October 23, 2018
- Check out these fun indoor games for children with autism
October 23, 2018
- What matters is how we run the race - Guest Column by Vineet Saraiwala, visually impaired marathoner
October 22, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology October 17, 2018 Regional language dyslexia screening tool, DALI, now available as an app
- Headlines October 20, 2018 59 people dead as train runs them over in Amritsar
- Headlines October 22, 2018 Deepika and Ranveer to get married on 15 November
- Parasports October 21, 2018 Amputees Vinod Rawat & Ashok Munne show their mettle in world's highest cross-country rally
- Get-hooked October 17, 2018 Tips to handle noise sensitivity in children with autism
- Headlines October 23, 2018 Uttar Pradesh politician's wife arrested on suspicion of killing son
- Get-hooked October 18, 2018 Staying fit with a disability is easy, here are some tips
- Accessibility October 16, 2018 Check out these accessible holiday destinations in India
- Headlines October 18, 2018 #MeToo impact: Union Minister M J Akbar resigns over complaints of sexual harassment
- Parasports October 22, 2018 Mandvi Garg battled depression, vision loss to come back as a champion trekker
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked October 19, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News