Disability Pension Scheme - Sikkim
July 22, 2018
Sikkim, which is among India's smallest states and is home to beautiful monasteries and glaciers, offers Subsistence Allowance to every person with a disability. This is given by the Social Justice, Empowerment and Welfare Department.
What is offered
A monthly pension of Rs 600 is given to every disabled person.
Who is eligible
- Beneficiary must have disability of 40% and above.
- Annual family income should not be more than Rs 24,000
- Must be a resident of Sikkim
- 18 to 79 years
- Anyone getting the benefit of any other disability pension from state or central government is not eligible.
- Disability certificate
- Proof of residence
- Income certificate
- 3 passport size photographs
How to apply
Beneficiary should approach the Social Welfare Officers as well as the Social Welfare Division at Gangtok. Applicants in villages can submit their forms to the panchayat.
Read about the disability pension schemes offered in other states in the North East:
Watch in Sign Language
- Kerala youth gets electric wheelchair from donor, but stuck indoors due to poor road conditions
August 22, 2019
- 14 year old Joel Biju has overcome a disability to finish over 1000 paintings in one year
August 21, 2019
- Ministry advisory on accessible public transport raises more questions
August 20, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 21, 2019 Narendra Modi speaks to Donald Trump
- Accessibility August 19, 2019 #InclusionChamps – Ankita Gulati wins Universal Design Award 2019 for TouchVision
- Headlines August 16, 2019 Virat Kohli sets new record
- Headlines August 22, 2019 Pakistan to seek help of world court on J&K
- Events August 21, 2019 GO PLAY - A Parent Education Program
- Headlines August 16, 2019 PM Modi's Independence Day address - Key points
- Education August 21, 2019 Happy Hands School is enabling deaf children in rural Odisha to learn in sign language
- Headlines August 20, 2019 Security hiked for Indian cricket team
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Ex-minister Arun Jaitley on life support
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Heavy rains bring down temperatures in Delhi
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News