Disability Pension Scheme - Sikkim
July 22, 2018
Sikkim, which is among India's smallest states and is home to beautiful monasteries and glaciers, offers Subsistence Allowance to every person with a disability. This is given by the Social Justice, Empowerment and Welfare Department.
What is offered
A monthly pension of Rs 600 is given to every disabled person.
Who is eligible
- Beneficiary must have disability of 40% and above.
- Annual family income should not be more than Rs 24,000
- Must be a resident of Sikkim
- 18 to 79 years
- Anyone getting the benefit of any other disability pension from state or central government is not eligible.
- Disability certificate
- Proof of residence
- Income certificate
- 3 passport size photographs
How to apply
Beneficiary should approach the Social Welfare Officers as well as the Social Welfare Division at Gangtok. Applicants in villages can submit their forms to the panchayat.
Read about the disability pension schemes offered in other states in the North East:
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility March 25, 2019 PGIMER Chandigarh agrees to implement RPWD Act in 2019 prospectus for postgraduate medical students
- Parasports March 25, 2019 Sai Krishna, star athlete at Abu Dhabi Special Games, shattered after losing medal
- Headlines March 24, 2019 PM Modi wishes Imran Khan on Pakistan’s National Day
- Events March 19, 2019 BGFI's session on STEM study - An Inclusive Avenue for the Blind
- Events March 20, 2019 4th National Blind Football Tournament
- Get-hooked March 23, 2019 Parenting Corner- Potty Training Children with Down syndrome
- Parasports March 24, 2019 Kerala para athletes climb Nainital’s highest peak, aim to inspire youngsters
- Get-hooked March 20, 2019 Madras High Court increases aid for disabled people under assistance scheme by 25%
- Accessibility March 19, 2019 Rising Star Tours & Travels is helping visually impaired people experience the magic of new places
- Get-hooked March 22, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News