Disability Pension Scheme - Sikkim
July 22, 2018
Sikkim, which is among India's smallest states and is home to beautiful monasteries and glaciers, offers Subsistence Allowance to every person with a disability. This is given by the Social Justice, Empowerment and Welfare Department.
What is offered
A monthly pension of Rs 600 is given to every disabled person.
Who is eligible
- Beneficiary must have disability of 40% and above.
- Annual family income should not be more than Rs 24,000
- Must be a resident of Sikkim
- 18 to 79 years
- Anyone getting the benefit of any other disability pension from state or central government is not eligible.
- Disability certificate
- Proof of residence
- Income certificate
- 3 passport size photographs
How to apply
Beneficiary should approach the Social Welfare Officers as well as the Social Welfare Division at Gangtok. Applicants in villages can submit their forms to the panchayat.
Read about the disability pension schemes offered in other states in the North East:
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Employment May 17, 2019 La-Monnaie Skills enables disabled youth to flower into resourceful, contributing citizens
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Sensex witness steep high after exit poll results
- Headlines May 17, 2019 Pakistani air space to remain shut for Indian flights till 30 May
- Accessibility May 21, 2019 Check out these accessible holiday destinations in India
- Headlines May 18, 2019 Irfan signs up for Carribean Premier League players draft
- Events May 17, 2019 Multiple Sclerosis - Invisible Symptoms
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Madras High Court bench slams Medical Council of India guidelines as biased against disabled medical aspirants
- Get-hooked May 17, 2019 Accessibility among 5 areas under focus in 11th edition of NASSCOM Social Innovation Forum
- Headlines May 18, 2019 PM says Congress expects to perform badly
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 Para athlete Javed Choudhari to dance up a storm on reality show Dance Deewane
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News