Disability Pension Scheme – Sikkim
Sikkim, which is among India’s smallest states and is home to beautiful monasteries and glaciers, offers Subsistence Allowance to every person with a disability. This is given by the Social Justice, Empowerment and Welfare Department.
What is offered
A monthly pension of Rs 600 is given to every disabled person.
Who is eligible
- Beneficiary must have disability of 40% and above.
- Annual family income should not be more than Rs 24,000
- Must be a resident of Sikkim
- 18 to 79 years
- Anyone getting the benefit of any other disability pension from state or central government is not eligible.
- Disability certificate
- Proof of residence
- Income certificate
- 3 passport size photographs
How to apply
Beneficiary should approach the Social Welfare Officers as well as the Social Welfare Division at Gangtok. Applicants in villages can submit their forms to the panchayat.
Read about the disability pension schemes offered in other states in the North East:
Watch in Sign Language
Support us to make NewzHook Sustainable – Make a Contribution Today
We need your continued support to enable us work towards Changing Attitudes towards Disability. Help us in our attempt to share the voices of people with disabilities that enable them to participate in the society on an equal footing!