More than 200 army men are disabled every year after injuries!
It takes a lot of grit, courage, determination and hard work to join the Indian armed forces. Our defence personnel’s work in hilly terrains, snow covered peaks and dense forests. Their risky jobs can even cost their lives. According to reports, at least 200 armed forces personnel are disabled every year due to various injuries!
Most of the times, their injuries are related to spinal cord or limbs causing a permanent damage. Some of them even have crippled intestines and lungs due to injuries at abdomen and chest.
Experts say that the armed medical services believe in saving a life by ensuring that minimum damage is done to the body.
The Indian army has set up an Artificial Limb Centre at Pune to cater to disabled army personnel’s. The government also plans to start centres and hospitals across North India so that a disabled soldier does not have to travel a lot in order to get medical help!
Our army personnel’s have been protecting borders of our nation, mainly at Jammu and Kashmir and North-East. India boasts of over 10 lakh defence personnel’s. More than 200 being disabled every year is a huge number!
Watch in Sign Language
- Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
February 17, 2019
- Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
February 15, 2019
- Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
February 13, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Events February 12, 2019 World Women's Day
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Help pours in for families of slain CRPF soldiers
- Headlines February 17, 2019 India-Australia series - Karthik dropped
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Priyanka Gandhi launches mega poll rally in U.P
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Children with autism showcase their talents at Kochi event
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Understanding Misophonia
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019