More than 200 army men are disabled every year after injuries!
July 18, 2018
It takes a lot of grit, courage, determination and hard work to join the Indian armed forces. Our defence personnel's work in hilly terrains, snow covered peaks and dense forests. Their risky jobs can even cost their lives. According to reports, at least 200 armed forces personnel are disabled every year due to various injuries!
Most of the times, their injuries are related to spinal cord or limbs causing a permanent damage. Some of them even have crippled intestines and lungs due to injuries at abdomen and chest.
Experts say that the armed medical services believe in saving a life by ensuring that minimum damage is done to the body.
The Indian army has set up an Artificial Limb Centre at Pune to cater to disabled army personnel's. The government also plans to start centres and hospitals across North India so that a disabled soldier does not have to travel a lot in order to get medical help!
Our army personnel's have been protecting borders of our nation, mainly at Jammu and Kashmir and North-East. India boasts of over 10 lakh defence personnel's. More than 200 being disabled every year is a huge number!
Watch in Sign Language
- Western Railways’ monsoon helpdesks for disabled people, elderly are a winning idea
July 15, 2019
- Trichy Central Library brings written word alive for new audiences with a section for deaf readers
July 13, 2019
- Coimbatore City Municipal Corporation gets set to make buildings accessible
July 12, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked July 13, 2019 Parenting corner - Autism and Aggression
- Accessibility July 11, 2019 Tamil Nadu government fails to introduce special courts, groups demands speedy action
- Headlines July 15, 2019 Press Club of India supports media boycott of Kangana
- Events July 11, 2019 Movement therapy sessions
- Events July 11, 2019 Gala Dance Party
- Get-hooked July 9, 2019 "I choose to focus on what I can do, not on what I can’t" - My Take by Rushabh Desai
- Accessibility July 12, 2019 Coimbatore City Municipal Corporation gets set to make buildings accessible
- Headlines July 14, 2019 6 dead, lakhs homeless in Assam floods
- Headlines July 13, 2019 Kangana accuses media of defamation
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 Skills training programme for people with autism in Ernakulam
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News