Reality TV show on Down syndrome gets nominated for prestigious Emmy Awards!
Born This Way, a reality television show that shows the lives of people with Down syndrome is up for the many Emmy Awards.
The show is nominated for four Emmys, including awards for casting, cinematography, picture editing and unstructured reality program.
The show, which is set to return for a fourth season in August this year, is about seven young adults with Down syndrome. It shows their lives as they pursue jobs, relationships and independence.
Born This Way has received many honors in the past as well. It won many Emmys, including the 2016 award for Outstanding Unstructured Reality Program. It was also named to the 2016 Television Academy Honors and won the Critics’ Choice Award for Best Unstructured Reality Series in 2018.
Apart from Born This Way, HBO’s comedy special on autism has also been nominated for an Emmy this year in the live variety special category.
The Emmy Awards will be handed out in September.
Watch in Sign Language
- One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
February 18, 2019
- Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
February 18, 2019
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Events February 12, 2019 Empowering for Inclusion Summit 2019
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajinikanth’s daughter Soundarya gets married
- Accessibility February 18, 2019 Kozhikode Art Gallery under fire for blocking access to wheelchair users
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
- Headlines February 17, 2019 India-Australia series - Karthik dropped
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Events February 14, 2019 Special Day Outing For Special Families
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News