Reality TV show on Down syndrome gets nominated for prestigious Emmy Awards!
Born This Way, a reality television show that shows the lives of people with Down syndrome is up for the many Emmy Awards.
The show is nominated for four Emmys, including awards for casting, cinematography, picture editing and unstructured reality program.
The show, which is set to return for a fourth season in August this year, is about seven young adults with Down syndrome. It shows their lives as they pursue jobs, relationships and independence.
Born This Way has received many honors in the past as well. It won many Emmys, including the 2016 award for Outstanding Unstructured Reality Program. It was also named to the 2016 Television Academy Honors and won the Critics’ Choice Award for Best Unstructured Reality Series in 2018.
Apart from Born This Way, HBO’s comedy special on autism has also been nominated for an Emmy this year in the live variety special category.
The Emmy Awards will be handed out in September.
Watch in Sign Language
- This Bengaluru NGO looks to nature to improve the wellbeing of disabled kids
October 19, 2018
- Cycling for children with autism, some information
October 19, 2018
- ALFAA centre for people with autism has a story of remarkable spirit behind it
October 18, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked October 17, 2018 Check out these reasons to not miss out on Dandiya this Navratri
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 An open letter to Goa Governor, Mridula Sinha - My Take by Monika Kshatriya
- Get-hooked October 13, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 – Mental Illness
- Parasports October 18, 2018 India beat Sri Lanka to win T20 series
- Parasports October 17, 2018 India's para badminton players show their mettle in the Asian Para Games
- Headlines October 17, 2018 Congress loses majority in Goa as 2 MLAs join BJP
- Get-hooked October 12, 2018 Some ways to celebrate an inclusive dandiya festival
- Get-hooked October 12, 2018 Strengthening the parent-child bond is key to empowering kids with autism at Aarambh
- Get-hooked October 19, 2018 This Bengaluru NGO looks to nature to improve the wellbeing of disabled kids
- Headlines October 18, 2018 Priyanka Chopra to marry later this year, most likely in Rajasthan
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News