Reality TV show on Down syndrome gets nominated for prestigious Emmy Awards!
July 18, 2018
Born This Way, a reality television show that shows the lives of people with Down syndrome is up for the many Emmy Awards.
The show is nominated for four Emmys, including awards for casting, cinematography, picture editing and unstructured reality program.
The show, which is set to return for a fourth season in August this year, is about seven young adults with Down syndrome. It shows their lives as they pursue jobs, relationships and independence.
Born This Way has received many honors in the past as well. It won many Emmys, including the 2016 award for Outstanding Unstructured Reality Program. It was also named to the 2016 Television Academy Honors and won the Critics' Choice Award for Best Unstructured Reality Series in 2018.
Apart from Born This Way, HBO's comedy special on autism has also been nominated for an Emmy this year in the live variety special category.
The Emmy Awards will be handed out in September.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 11, 2019 From the ‘Whys’ to the ‘Hows’
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan out of World Cup due to injury
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Understanding Fibromyalgia
- Headlines June 11, 2019 PM says Rahul yet to recover from poll loss
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Supreme Court orders release of arrested journalist
- Technology June 12, 2019 Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Film by Diversity Dialogues hopes to trigger mindful conversations about workplace mental health
- Employment June 17, 2019 #AutismPower - SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Outrage over Pakistani ad mocking Indian pilot
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News