Reality TV show on Down syndrome gets nominated for prestigious Emmy Awards!
Born This Way, a reality television show that shows the lives of people with Down syndrome is up for the many Emmy Awards.
The show is nominated for four Emmys, including awards for casting, cinematography, picture editing and unstructured reality program.
The show, which is set to return for a fourth season in August this year, is about seven young adults with Down syndrome. It shows their lives as they pursue jobs, relationships and independence.
Born This Way has received many honors in the past as well. It won many Emmys, including the 2016 award for Outstanding Unstructured Reality Program. It was also named to the 2016 Television Academy Honors and won the Critics’ Choice Award for Best Unstructured Reality Series in 2018.
Apart from Born This Way, HBO’s comedy special on autism has also been nominated for an Emmy this year in the live variety special category.
The Emmy Awards will be handed out in September.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events December 8, 2018 Poetry and Talent Nite at Mitr
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Isha Ambani & Anand Piramal ties the knot at Ambani’s residence in Mumbai
- Headlines December 13, 2018 India vs Australia - Prithvi Shaw will miss second Test
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Come 16 December, Bengaluru will host a car rally for awareness on autism
- Education December 14, 2018 Sol's Arc is making the world a better place for children with disabilities
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Diabetes-related eye diseases is the leading cause of blindness in India, says study
- Accessibility December 11, 2018 The wheelchair has given me wings to fly! - My Take by Dr Divya Singh
- Get-hooked December 11, 2018 Samarthanam's Bengaluru Walkathon highlights inclusion in digital media
- Headlines December 8, 2018 Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje accuses opposition leader of body-shaming
- Events December 13, 2018 Thematic Concert on Sufi and Bhakti
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked December 8, 2018
Get-hooked December 14, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News