India's blind cricket team faces first bilateral series loss in 6 years
July 19, 2018
India's blind cricket team, who are world champions, suffered its first bilateral series loss in six years. The team lost to Sri Lanka, 1-2 in Colombo recently.
The Indian side, led by captain Ajay Reddy, lost the first match by two wickets, and the second by seven wickets. India won the third match by 66 runs.
Reddy had also led the team to the World Cup victory beating Pakistan in the final in the United Arab Emirates in January this year. The India team has a lot of new players, who probably struggled to handle the pressure of international cricket.
Ganesh Mudkar (84), Sunil Ramesh (54) and Lingaraj Rautara (40) were the chief scorers for India in the final match. Sahan Kumara (84) was the top scorer for the Lankans.
India will take on Sri Lanka in five T20Is beginning today, after which the team will tour England.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility May 16, 2019 Game changing innovations that enable inclusion - Global Accessibility Awareness Day special
- Get-hooked May 16, 2019 #BeingMom - What makes Nalini Srivastava such a power mom?
- Headlines May 19, 2019 Seventh & final phase of voting in general elections today
- Headlines May 23, 2019 India launches new spy satellite
- Accessibility May 21, 2019 Check out these accessible holiday destinations in India
- Accessibility May 17, 2019 Anuprayaas is making railway stations inclusive & accessible for visually impaired people
- Headlines May 17, 2019 Pakistani air space to remain shut for Indian flights till 30 May
- Headlines May 18, 2019 Irfan signs up for Carribean Premier League players draft
- Events May 16, 2019 Na Main Na Hain
- Headlines May 23, 2019 Poll results today, NDA prepares for Term 2
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News