India's blind cricket team faces first bilateral series loss in 6 years
July 19, 2018
India's blind cricket team, who are world champions, suffered its first bilateral series loss in six years. The team lost to Sri Lanka, 1-2 in Colombo recently.
The Indian side, led by captain Ajay Reddy, lost the first match by two wickets, and the second by seven wickets. India won the third match by 66 runs.
Reddy had also led the team to the World Cup victory beating Pakistan in the final in the United Arab Emirates in January this year. The India team has a lot of new players, who probably struggled to handle the pressure of international cricket.
Ganesh Mudkar (84), Sunil Ramesh (54) and Lingaraj Rautara (40) were the chief scorers for India in the final match. Sahan Kumara (84) was the top scorer for the Lankans.
India will take on Sri Lanka in five T20Is beginning today, after which the team will tour England.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility August 25, 2019 Blind student in Delhi threatened & robbed, Delhi Police slammed for failure to respond
- Headlines August 22, 2019 Pakistan to seek help of world court on J&K
- Headlines August 21, 2019 Chandrayaan-2 enters Moon’s orbit
- Headlines August 20, 2019 Security hiked for Indian cricket team
- Events August 21, 2019 Ageing with Grace Workshop for Seniors
- Headlines August 21, 2019 Narendra Modi speaks to Donald Trump
- Headlines August 26, 2019 Arun Jaitley cremated with full state honours
- Events August 21, 2019 Vadhu Var Melawa
- Events August 21, 2019 Workshop on Nayi Disha Resource Library
- Get-Hooked August 19, 2019 "Love can be limitless if people recognise, accept and celebrate a person with a difference" - Jasmina Khanna
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News