India's blind cricket team faces first bilateral series loss in 6 years
India's blind cricket team, who are world champions, suffered its first bilateral series loss in six years. The team lost to Sri Lanka, 1-2 in Colombo recently.
The Indian side, led by captain Ajay Reddy, lost the first match by two wickets, and the second by seven wickets. India won the third match by 66 runs.
Reddy had also led the team to the World Cup victory beating Pakistan in the final in the United Arab Emirates in January this year. The India team has a lot of new players, who probably struggled to handle the pressure of international cricket.
Ganesh Mudkar (84), Sunil Ramesh (54) and Lingaraj Rautara (40) were the chief scorers for India in the final match. Sahan Kumara (84) was the top scorer for the Lankans.
India will take on Sri Lanka in five T20Is beginning today, after which the team will tour England.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events November 12, 2018 Inclov Social Spaces Mumbai - New Year Celebration
- Headlines November 12, 2018 Cyclonic storm lashes coasts of Tamil Nadu, south Andhra
- Get-hooked November 12, 2018 Some activities for children with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Get-hooked November 13, 2018 The Executive Age of children with ADHD, find out more
- Parasports November 11, 2018 Want to stay active? Check out these sports for disabled people
- Get-hooked November 11, 2018 Some pre-school activities to improve well-being of disabled children
- Events November 15, 2018 BGFI's Accessible Tour to Mumbai Dockyard
- Education November 14, 2018 Understanding the Learning Disability - Dyslexia
- Headlines November 9, 2018 'Thugs of Hindostan' movie review
- Headlines November 10, 2018 India & Taliban hold talks on non-official level in Moscow
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports November 11, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News