India's blind cricket team faces first bilateral series loss in 6 years
July 19, 2018
India's blind cricket team, who are world champions, suffered its first bilateral series loss in six years. The team lost to Sri Lanka, 1-2 in Colombo recently.
The Indian side, led by captain Ajay Reddy, lost the first match by two wickets, and the second by seven wickets. India won the third match by 66 runs.
Reddy had also led the team to the World Cup victory beating Pakistan in the final in the United Arab Emirates in January this year. The India team has a lot of new players, who probably struggled to handle the pressure of international cricket.
Ganesh Mudkar (84), Sunil Ramesh (54) and Lingaraj Rautara (40) were the chief scorers for India in the final match. Sahan Kumara (84) was the top scorer for the Lankans.
India will take on Sri Lanka in five T20Is beginning today, after which the team will tour England.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked March 19, 2019 My disability taught me to unlock my potential - My Take by Dhanya Ravi
- Get-hooked March 16, 2019 #WonderWoman - Priya Bhargav embodies the warrior spirit in many ways
- Headlines March 18, 2019 Goa CM Manohar Parrikar is no more
- Get-hooked March 17, 2019 Need more movies to portray disability in a sensitive manner, say activists
- Get-hooked March 21, 2019 A unique session on STEM education for blind students
- Get-hooked March 20, 2019 Madras High Court increases aid for disabled people under assistance scheme by 25%
- Get-hooked March 20, 2019 "We all have a Javed Abidi inside us": Shameer Rishad talks about the Javed Abidi Foundation
- Events March 20, 2019 On The Path To Success - My Journey With My Child
- Headlines March 21, 2019 All IPL 2019 matches will be played in India
- Events March 19, 2019 BGFI's session on STEM study - An Inclusive Avenue for the Blind
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News