India's blind cricket team faces first bilateral series loss in 6 years
India's blind cricket team, who are world champions, suffered its first bilateral series loss in six years. The team lost to Sri Lanka, 1-2 in Colombo recently.
The Indian side, led by captain Ajay Reddy, lost the first match by two wickets, and the second by seven wickets. India won the third match by 66 runs.
Reddy had also led the team to the World Cup victory beating Pakistan in the final in the United Arab Emirates in January this year. The India team has a lot of new players, who probably struggled to handle the pressure of international cricket.
Ganesh Mudkar (84), Sunil Ramesh (54) and Lingaraj Rautara (40) were the chief scorers for India in the final match. Sahan Kumara (84) was the top scorer for the Lankans.
India will take on Sri Lanka in five T20Is beginning today, after which the team will tour England.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Teen prodigy Satvik Sharma expresses himself through incredible works of art
- Get-hooked January 18, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked January 23, 2019 Some things to avoid when you parent a child with autism
- Get-hooked January 17, 2019 Bhopal is hosting Deaf Festival 2019, know more
- Get-hooked January 19, 2019 Find a life partner at this disability matrimonial event
- Events January 18, 2019 Inclusive Zumba
- Headlines January 22, 2019 Uri: The Surgical Strike is 2019's 1st hit
- Technology January 20, 2019 Assistive technologies help children with Down syndrome. Here's how
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Bengaluru NGOs show a large heart with donations for disabled, homeless people
- Events January 21, 2019 Agra Deaf Enable Society- Republic Day Event
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News