Srinagar to host a 3 day wheelchair basketball camp
July 19, 2018
Do you know any aspiring wheelchair basketball players in Srinagar? Here is their chance to explore and venture into the world of this amazing sport!
The Voluntary Medicare Society along with Wheelchair Basketball Federation in Srinagar is organizing a three day camp for wheelchair basketball players at the indoor stadium at Srinagar. The event was inaugurated on Tuesday, and will go on for the next two days. Already 35 people have taken part in the event!
Authorities believe that this camp will help aspiring wheelchair basketball players to get a better insight into the game. It will also prepare them for national and international tournaments! The players who are taking part in the event are from the prestigious VMS club.
Undoubtedly, sports can play a crucial role in empowering disabled people. It helps them take up challenges and do things independently. Authorities are all set to provide opportunities for wheelchair basketball players in Srinagar so that they enjoy and explore the game better!
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Second voting phase-Key points
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 World Hemophilia Day 2019 aims for outreach & identification
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News