Srinagar to host a 3 day wheelchair basketball camp
Do you know any aspiring wheelchair basketball players in Srinagar? Here is their chance to explore and venture into the world of this amazing sport!
The Voluntary Medicare Society along with Wheelchair Basketball Federation in Srinagar is organizing a three day camp for wheelchair basketball players at the indoor stadium at Srinagar. The event was inaugurated on Tuesday, and will go on for the next two days. Already 35 people have taken part in the event!
Authorities believe that this camp will help aspiring wheelchair basketball players to get a better insight into the game. It will also prepare them for national and international tournaments! The players who are taking part in the event are from the prestigious VMS club.
Undoubtedly, sports can play a crucial role in empowering disabled people. It helps them take up challenges and do things independently. Authorities are all set to provide opportunities for wheelchair basketball players in Srinagar so that they enjoy and explore the game better!
Watch in Sign Language
- Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
February 18, 2019
- Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
February 18, 2019
- Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Vande Bharat Express breaks down a day after launch
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Events February 12, 2019 Workshop on Advancing Your Interpreting Skills
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
- Parasports February 17, 2019 Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019