Srinagar to host a 3 day wheelchair basketball camp
July 19, 2018
Do you know any aspiring wheelchair basketball players in Srinagar? Here is their chance to explore and venture into the world of this amazing sport!
The Voluntary Medicare Society along with Wheelchair Basketball Federation in Srinagar is organizing a three day camp for wheelchair basketball players at the indoor stadium at Srinagar. The event was inaugurated on Tuesday, and will go on for the next two days. Already 35 people have taken part in the event!
Authorities believe that this camp will help aspiring wheelchair basketball players to get a better insight into the game. It will also prepare them for national and international tournaments! The players who are taking part in the event are from the prestigious VMS club.
Undoubtedly, sports can play a crucial role in empowering disabled people. It helps them take up challenges and do things independently. Authorities are all set to provide opportunities for wheelchair basketball players in Srinagar so that they enjoy and explore the game better!
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology July 16, 2019 Research offers hope for restoring sight in acid attack victims
- Headlines July 17, 2019 Pakistan opens airspace after 140 days
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 NGO Sreesh Mandiram was born out of a couple's experience coping with disability
- Education July 20, 2019 Updated MBBS curriculum with disability competencies to come into effect from 1 August, confirms MCI
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Reports of rift within Indian cricket team to be probed
- Headlines July 18, 2019 Dhoni unlikely for next tour, to be part of transitioning phase
- Events July 16, 2019 International Autism Conference
- Events July 16, 2019 Trek to Chandratal Baralacha La
- Events July 14, 2019 Masti Time: Come share your stories
- Get-hooked July 17, 2019 Disabled people put up remarkable performances at talent show in New Delhi
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News