Mallika Handa wins silver at international deaf chess championship
Mallika Handa struck silver at the International Chess Committee of the Deaf (ICCD)'s World Deaf Blitz Chess Championship held in July in Manchester in the United Kingdom.
Handa has been campaigning for the inclusion of chess in the Winter Deaflympics to be held in 2019. Handa was given a grand reception by the Jalandhar district administration when she came back after winning the silver. Senior district officials were waiting to meet her at the railway station. She was also garlanded by sports fans.
Officials said that it was a matter of pride that Handa had won an international-level medal.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines January 23, 2019 PM Modi’s gifts to be auctioned for Ganga
- Headlines January 22, 2019 Dhoni set to add another milestone
- Headlines January 22, 2019 WhatsApp forwards now limited
- Get-hooked January 19, 2019 Find a life partner at this disability matrimonial event
- Parasports January 23, 2019 Para badminton camp in Mumbai seeks to nurture talent, attract support
- Headlines January 19, 2019 Tight security for women who entered Sabarimala
- Get-hooked January 19, 2019 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Events January 21, 2019 Agra Deaf Enable Society- Republic Day Event
- Employment January 22, 2019 At India Business Disability Network launch, industry leaders champion workplace inclusion
- Headlines January 17, 2019 Jadavpur University Professor sacked for sexist remarks
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News