Mallika Handa wins silver at international deaf chess championship
July 20, 2018
Mallika Handa struck silver at the International Chess Committee of the Deaf (ICCD)'s World Deaf Blitz Chess Championship held in July in Manchester in the United Kingdom.
Handa has been campaigning for the inclusion of chess in the Winter Deaflympics to be held in 2019. Handa was given a grand reception by the Jalandhar district administration when she came back after winning the silver. Senior district officials were waiting to meet her at the railway station. She was also garlanded by sports fans.
Officials said that it was a matter of pride that Handa had won an international-level medal.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events March 17, 2019 Accessible Text Creation Workshop
- Get-hooked March 15, 2019 Parenting corner- Managing stress
- Accessibility March 15, 2019 Election Commission's voter helpline 1950 proves to be a letdown for disabled community in Chennai
- Headlines March 20, 2019 PM Modi’s biopic to release on 5 April
- Headlines March 22, 2019 Pakistan will not broadcast IPL 2019 matches
- Headlines March 18, 2019 Indian cricket team gears up for World Cup 2019
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Anil Ambani pays dues, avoids jail term
- Events March 20, 2019 Run 4 Autism Marathon- More details to come
- Events March 20, 2019 Parent Interaction With Jo Chopra
- Get-hooked March 18, 2019 Rewire your brain – Guest Column by Dr Elavatsala Sharma
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News