Mallika Handa wins silver at international deaf chess championship
Mallika Handa struck silver at the International Chess Committee of the Deaf (ICCD)'s World Deaf Blitz Chess Championship held in July in Manchester in the United Kingdom.
Handa has been campaigning for the inclusion of chess in the Winter Deaflympics to be held in 2019. Handa was given a grand reception by the Jalandhar district administration when she came back after winning the silver. Senior district officials were waiting to meet her at the railway station. She was also garlanded by sports fans.
Officials said that it was a matter of pride that Handa had won an international-level medal.
Watch in Sign Language
- Mumbai to host first national throwball & swimming camp this week
October 23, 2018
- India whitewash Sri Lanka, win T20 series 5-0
October 23, 2018
- India take on Sri Lanka in 5th & final match of T20 blind cricket series today
October 22, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines October 20, 2018 India take on West Indies in first of 5-match one day match series
- Headlines October 21, 2018 Bollywood celebrity manager accused in #MeToo movement attempts suicide
- Get-hooked October 22, 2018 Children with autism find a ray of hope at Sunshine in Bengaluru
- Headlines October 21, 2018 Amitabh Bachchan to repay loan worth ₹5.5 crore for 850 farmers
- Employment October 19, 2018 An informative ‘Career Planning’ session for visually impaired people
- Parasports October 17, 2018 India's para badminton players show their mettle in the Asian Para Games
- Technology October 23, 2018 What visually impaired people should look for while buying a phone
- Events October 22, 2018 Sixth National Conference on Inclusive Education
- Get-hooked October 19, 2018 This Bengaluru NGO looks to nature to improve the wellbeing of disabled kids
- Headlines October 18, 2018 Armed mobs attack women journalists near Sabrimala temple
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports October 18, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News