Karnataka government just issued Braille EPIC cards for blind voters!
July 20, 2018
Karnataka is being the torch bearer for inclusive elections! The state just issued Braille EPIC cards for three blind people for upcoming Lok Sabha elections 2019.
Basavaraj from Kalaburgi, Irappa Hejagar from Belagavi and Vina from Davangere, were given the specially made cards by officers from the Election Commission.
Authorities said that the government aims to make elections accessible, and issuing EPIC cards is the first step taken for an inclusive election. All the three blind voters said that they had voted in the recent state assembly elections. These new cards will make voting for the upcoming elections easier for them!
The government is all set to implement more facilities for disabled voters in the state. They will install auxiliary polling stations that cater to people with disabilities. Co-ordinators will be appointed at all polling booths. An exclusive mobile app will be launched for disabled people.
On Election Day, people with disabilities and people who accompany them can avail free public transport as well! Officials hope that all these measures will help disabled voters take part in elections without any hassles.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines May 22, 2019 Vivek Oberoi deletes offensive tweet about Aishwarya, apologises
- Headlines May 18, 2019 Indian actors shine at Cannes festival 2019
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 Parenting Corner - Feeling Guilty
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 #BeingMom - Behind swimming champ Ankita Anvikar's success story is mom Anjali
- Employment May 17, 2019 La-Monnaie Skills enables disabled youth to flower into resourceful, contributing citizens
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 Music knows no boundaries so why barriers at concert venues, ask disabled music lovers
- Get-hooked May 16, 2019 #BeingMom - What makes Nalini Srivastava such a power mom?
- Get-hooked May 20, 2019 These friends banded together in the aftermath of the Kerala floods to help people with disabilities
- Get-hooked May 22, 2019 Experts claim music therapy helps enhance critical skills in children with autism
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News