Dhadak movie review
Janhvi Kapoor and Ishaan Khatter’s debut film Dhadak is released and in the theatres now.
The movie is the remake of Marathi sleeper hit Sairat that was released in 2016. Although the location of the movie and certain characters have been changed the storyline still follows the same love angle.
The story is about the love between a rich girl, Parthavi played by Janhvi and a poor boy Madhukar played by Ishaan. How the romance blossoms between them covers the first half of the film.
However, unlike Sairat, the director fails to catch the innocence of the two lovers as they decide to fall for each other despite the differences in their family backgrounds. Dhadak seems to be overly glamorized as compared to the more realistic Sairat.
The story is set in Udaipur and then moves to Kolkata when the Parthavi and Madhukar run away and decide to make a life for themselves away from their families.
Since it is a remake, comparisons between the two movies will obviously be made. Sairat had a tragic ending that depicted the stigma in Indian society about inter caste and inter class marriages and Dhadak has a similar climax.
Janhvi looks radiant and beautiful in the movie and is sure to win hearts while Ishaan also impresses with his acting skills and energy.
Janhvi Kapoor is the daughter of the late actress Sridevi and Boney Kapoor and Ishaan is the half-brother of Shahid Kapoor. The movie is expected to make good money at the box office by Bollywood industry experts.
Sairat was a huge hit in Maharashtra and Dhadak is also expected to do a good business.
Watch in Sign Language
- Some common misconceptions about Braille
January 24, 2019
- Some things to avoid when you parent a child with autism
January 23, 2019
- The Headway Foundation's annual Rendezvous promises some exciting announcements
January 23, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility January 24, 2019 Disability groups fume over Supreme Court order on "reasonable sight, hearing, speech faculties" for judicial officer
- Headlines January 17, 2019 Jadavpur University Professor sacked for sexist remarks
- Headlines January 23, 2019 3 top cricket awards for Virat in 2018
- Events January 20, 2019 Trinayani's 18th Inclusive Monthly Meetup
- Events January 21, 2019 Agra Deaf Enable Society- Republic Day Event
- Parasports January 22, 2019 Champions with disabilities display guts & glory at the 2019 Tata Mumbai Marathon
- Get-hooked January 18, 2019 Early intervention in hearing impairments matters. Here's why
- Accessibility January 22, 2019 From ground up to policy level, Multiple Sclerosis Society of India speaks for patients
- Events January 17, 2019 India Art Festival- IAF
- Events January 20, 2019 Parent Workshop on Toilet Training
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked January 18, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News