Dhadak movie review
Janhvi Kapoor and Ishaan Khatter’s debut film Dhadak is released and in the theatres now.
The movie is the remake of Marathi sleeper hit Sairat that was released in 2016. Although the location of the movie and certain characters have been changed the storyline still follows the same love angle.
The story is about the love between a rich girl, Parthavi played by Janhvi and a poor boy Madhukar played by Ishaan. How the romance blossoms between them covers the first half of the film.
However, unlike Sairat, the director fails to catch the innocence of the two lovers as they decide to fall for each other despite the differences in their family backgrounds. Dhadak seems to be overly glamorized as compared to the more realistic Sairat.
The story is set in Udaipur and then moves to Kolkata when the Parthavi and Madhukar run away and decide to make a life for themselves away from their families.
Since it is a remake, comparisons between the two movies will obviously be made. Sairat had a tragic ending that depicted the stigma in Indian society about inter caste and inter class marriages and Dhadak has a similar climax.
Janhvi looks radiant and beautiful in the movie and is sure to win hearts while Ishaan also impresses with his acting skills and energy.
Janhvi Kapoor is the daughter of the late actress Sridevi and Boney Kapoor and Ishaan is the half-brother of Shahid Kapoor. The movie is expected to make good money at the box office by Bollywood industry experts.
Sairat was a huge hit in Maharashtra and Dhadak is also expected to do a good business.
Watch in Sign Language
- Hum-Drum, a participatory musical program for children with disabilities - My Take by Rzhude David
October 23, 2018
- Check out these fun indoor games for children with autism
October 23, 2018
- What matters is how we run the race - Guest Column by Vineet Saraiwala, visually impaired marathoner
October 22, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Employment October 19, 2018 An informative ‘Career Planning’ session for visually impaired people
- Get-hooked October 21, 2018 Indian Sign Language gets to wider audience, thanks to GiftAbled Foundation
- Headlines October 17, 2018 Allahabad in Uttar Pradesh will now be known as Prayagraj
- Education October 18, 2018 Proposal to start sign language exams needs a reality check, say experts
- Headlines October 20, 2018 India take on West Indies in first of 5-match one day match series
- Headlines October 16, 2018 Over 70 cases of Zika virus reported in Rajasthan
- Education October 20, 2018 Some ways to help kids with autism prepare for exams
- Get-hooked October 18, 2018 Staying fit with a disability is easy, here are some tips
- Get-hooked October 20, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 – Leprosy Cured persons
- Events October 22, 2018 Sixth National Conference on Inclusive Education
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked October 17, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News