Dhadak movie review
July 22, 2018
Janhvi Kapoor and Ishaan Khatter's debut film Dhadak is released and in the theatres now.
The movie is the remake of Marathi sleeper hit Sairat that was released in 2016. Although the location of the movie and certain characters have been changed the storyline still follows the same love angle.
The story is about the love between a rich girl, Parthavi played by Janhvi and a poor boy Madhukar played by Ishaan. How the romance blossoms between them covers the first half of the film.
However, unlike Sairat, the director fails to catch the innocence of the two lovers as they decide to fall for each other despite the differences in their family backgrounds. Dhadak seems to be overly glamorized as compared to the more realistic Sairat.
The story is set in Udaipur and then moves to Kolkata when the Parthavi and Madhukar run away and decide to make a life for themselves away from their families.
Since it is a remake, comparisons between the two movies will obviously be made. Sairat had a tragic ending that depicted the stigma in Indian society about inter caste and inter class marriages and Dhadak has a similar climax.
Janhvi looks radiant and beautiful in the movie and is sure to win hearts while Ishaan also impresses with his acting skills and energy.
Janhvi Kapoor is the daughter of the late actress Sridevi and Boney Kapoor and Ishaan is the half-brother of Shahid Kapoor. The movie is expected to make good money at the box office by Bollywood industry experts.
Sairat was a huge hit in Maharashtra and Dhadak is also expected to do a good business.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Employment May 19, 2019 At Indore workshop on workplace inclusion, corporates share learnings & inspiring stories
- Headlines May 24, 2019 PM Modi's victory speech - Key Highlights
- Get-hooked May 20, 2019 'Follow your heart, not your brain to find success' - Guest column by Neelu Jindal
- Headlines May 17, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya apologizes for Godse comments
- Headlines May 23, 2019 NaMo all the way, BJP-led alliance returns with thumping majority
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 Stay cool this summer, some tips for wheelchair users
- Education May 17, 2019 'Kannada Pustaka' open online library is empowering thousands of visually impaired students
- Headlines May 19, 2019 Seventh & final phase of voting in general elections today
- Events May 17, 2019 Multiple Sclerosis - Invisible Symptoms
- Parasports May 22, 2019 Para swimmers to battle sharks, icy waters in Catalina Channel, aim for Ocean Seven challenge
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News