Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
July 21, 2018
Welcome readers! We are here with another list of trending stories of the week.
The whole country was shamed and shocked by the sexual abuse of an 11 year old deaf girl in Chennai by various people employed in her own residential society.
The little child went through extreme trauma at the hands of people everyone trusted. The horrific incident has raised the question about child safety. What can be done to protect our kids from abuse, particularly kids with disabilities?
Para swimmer Mohammed Shams Alam has done it again and qualified for the Asian Para Games 2018 in the most stunning manner. He won four gold medals in the S5 category and also made two national records at the Indian Para Open Swimming Championship.
A National Disability Consultation was organized by the National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People to work on an action plan that would ensure speedy and effective implementation of the RPWD Act.
Newzhook has also started a series to create awareness about the various disabilities covered by the Rights of Persons with Disabilities The RPWD 2016 Act.
Priyanka Chopra will soon become the first Indian female actor to share profit of her movie like the male actors have been doing for such a long time.
While superstar Rajnikanth has promised to sponsor the education of a 7 year old honest boy from Tamil Nadu.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Dhoni must keep playing, says ex Aussie cricketer
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some effective yoga poses for wheelchair users
- Headlines June 26, 2019 Mamata Banerjee says ‘Super Emergency’ in India since Modi rule
- Events June 26, 2019 Talk Tools Workshop
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Narendra Modi celebrates yoga day at Ranchi
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Parenting Corner - Parent’s role in education
- Parasports June 19, 2019 Tamil Nadu set to rock the National Wheelchair Basketball Championship
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Uber India apology to disability rights activist not enough, call for concrete measures
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Making a difference – Quick Tips for budding social entrepreneurs
- Events June 26, 2019 Coaching Classes for Visually Impaired Students
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News