Sri Lanka beat India in bilateral blind cricket series
July 23, 2018
It has been raining heavily across Sri Lanka. But that has not dampened the spirits of the blind cricket team of Sri Lanka. They just beat world champions India for a 2-1 in the bilateral cricket series at Sri Lanka.
The 40-over match witnessed a remarkable show by blind cricketers from both the sides. Sri Lanka showed their expertise in batting, bowling and fielding as well!
The first match was taken over by Sri Lanka after deputy skipper Dinesh Mathugama got a hat-trick. They had a two wicket win in the game.
For the second match, the fields were soggy due to heavy rains. Hence, the game was reduced to 20 overs each which was yet again won by Sri Lanka in their home ground.
Since the Indian team did not want to go back home empty-handed, they managed to take over the third and final match. They recorded a 68 run win in the last match.
All the players put up an exceptionally brilliant performance in the three matches.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 13, 2019 Read for Mental Health
- Events June 13, 2019 Own Your Life- Session for Parents
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 These surprise gift boxes by Little Trovebox has people hooked
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Celebrate Autism Pride Day, every day
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 Delhi government failure to implement key RPWD Act provision sign of larger apathy
- Events June 17, 2019 Indian Freedom Struggle through a musical play
- Technology June 12, 2019 Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
- Headlines June 11, 2019 Virat apologises for booing Indian fans
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Ride
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News