Sri Lanka beat India in bilateral blind cricket series
It has been raining heavily across Sri Lanka. But that has not dampened the spirits of the blind cricket team of Sri Lanka. They just beat world champions India for a 2-1 in the bilateral cricket series at Sri Lanka.
The 40-over match witnessed a remarkable show by blind cricketers from both the sides. Sri Lanka showed their expertise in batting, bowling and fielding as well!
The first match was taken over by Sri Lanka after deputy skipper Dinesh Mathugama got a hat-trick. They had a two wicket win in the game.
For the second match, the fields were soggy due to heavy rains. Hence, the game was reduced to 20 overs each which was yet again won by Sri Lanka in their home ground.
Since the Indian team did not want to go back home empty-handed, they managed to take over the third and final match. They recorded a 68 run win in the last match.
All the players put up an exceptionally brilliant performance in the three matches.
Watch in Sign Language
- Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
February 17, 2019
- Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
February 16, 2019
- First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
February 15, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Priyanka Gandhi launches mega poll rally in U.P
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Events February 14, 2019 Ghazal Nite
- Headlines February 11, 2019 Robert Vadra takes to Facebook to share his story
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
- Get-hooked February 11, 2019 Valentine’s Day plans - NewzHook readers share some ideas
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Understanding Rare Diseases
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Kerala government introduces exclusive courts to handle cases for disabled people
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019