Sri Lanka beat India in bilateral blind cricket series
July 23, 2018
It has been raining heavily across Sri Lanka. But that has not dampened the spirits of the blind cricket team of Sri Lanka. They just beat world champions India for a 2-1 in the bilateral cricket series at Sri Lanka.
The 40-over match witnessed a remarkable show by blind cricketers from both the sides. Sri Lanka showed their expertise in batting, bowling and fielding as well!
The first match was taken over by Sri Lanka after deputy skipper Dinesh Mathugama got a hat-trick. They had a two wicket win in the game.
For the second match, the fields were soggy due to heavy rains. Hence, the game was reduced to 20 overs each which was yet again won by Sri Lanka in their home ground.
Since the Indian team did not want to go back home empty-handed, they managed to take over the third and final match. They recorded a 68 run win in the last match.
All the players put up an exceptionally brilliant performance in the three matches.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News