Sri Lanka beat India in bilateral blind cricket series
It has been raining heavily across Sri Lanka. But that has not dampened the spirits of the blind cricket team of Sri Lanka. They just beat world champions India for a 2-1 in the bilateral cricket series at Sri Lanka.
The 40-over match witnessed a remarkable show by blind cricketers from both the sides. Sri Lanka showed their expertise in batting, bowling and fielding as well!
The first match was taken over by Sri Lanka after deputy skipper Dinesh Mathugama got a hat-trick. They had a two wicket win in the game.
For the second match, the fields were soggy due to heavy rains. Hence, the game was reduced to 20 overs each which was yet again won by Sri Lanka in their home ground.
Since the Indian team did not want to go back home empty-handed, they managed to take over the third and final match. They recorded a 68 run win in the last match.
All the players put up an exceptionally brilliant performance in the three matches.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Employment December 6, 2018 Aarambh brings opportunities to disabled women, to train & to work
- Headlines December 8, 2018 PM Narendra Modi meets UP Chief Minister on Bulandshahr violence
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 What makes them Disability Heroes - World Disability Day Special
- Get-hooked December 7, 2018 A writing contest with disability as the theme. Know more
- Headlines December 7, 2018 Deepika Padukone made 112 crore this year, makes it to top 5 of Forbes’ list
- Headlines December 9, 2018 Wedding preparations of Mukesh Ambani's daughter begin
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 Some tips for dating when you have a disability
- Get-hooked December 9, 2018 These disabled youngsters find their passion in something unique
- Headlines December 4, 2018 India’s first engineless ‘Train 18’ completes successful trial run
- Headlines December 7, 2018 Priyanka Chopra article taken down after angry reactions on social media
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News