Manipur is all set to be disabled-friendly!
A group of NGOs working for the welfare of people with disabilities, along with government authorities, recently conducted a camp for disabled people at Imphal in Manipur. Apart from holding talks and discussions on how to empower disabled people, authorities distributed hearing aids to deaf and hard of hearing people as well.
Officials pointed out that deaf people must be made aware of the different activities and developmental schemes for disabled people in the state. For this, the government must ensure different ways to reach out the message to them.
Authorities will also take statistics of disabled people in interior parts of the state, and distribute assistive devices to them. Officials from villages have been given the responsibility to take a count so that the processes can be speeded up.
It is high time that disabled people actively take part in government matters for development of the country. Disabled people have special welfare schemes that they must avail at any cost!
ALSO READ: Disability Pension Scheme - Manipur
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
- Events February 14, 2019 Ghazal Nite
- Events February 13, 2019 Job Oriented Preparatory Workshop for persons with disabilities
- Events February 10, 2019 Cerebral Palsy at Bhopal and Varanasi 2019
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Priyanka Gandhi launches mega poll rally in U.P
- Employment February 10, 2019 Program by DFID-UK, SCPwD & National Star College-UK equips trainers with strategies to promote workplace inclusion
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 9, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News