Manipur is all set to be disabled-friendly!
July 23, 2018
A group of NGOs working for the welfare of people with disabilities, along with government authorities, recently conducted a camp for disabled people at Imphal in Manipur. Apart from holding talks and discussions on how to empower disabled people, authorities distributed hearing aids to deaf and hard of hearing people as well.
Officials pointed out that deaf people must be made aware of the different activities and developmental schemes for disabled people in the state. For this, the government must ensure different ways to reach out the message to them.
Authorities will also take statistics of disabled people in interior parts of the state, and distribute assistive devices to them. Officials from villages have been given the responsibility to take a count so that the processes can be speeded up.
It is high time that disabled people actively take part in government matters for development of the country. Disabled people have special welfare schemes that they must avail at any cost!
ALSO READ: Disability Pension Scheme - Manipur
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 How to help a person with autism feel calm
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News