Manipur is all set to be disabled-friendly!
July 23, 2018
A group of NGOs working for the welfare of people with disabilities, along with government authorities, recently conducted a camp for disabled people at Imphal in Manipur. Apart from holding talks and discussions on how to empower disabled people, authorities distributed hearing aids to deaf and hard of hearing people as well.
Officials pointed out that deaf people must be made aware of the different activities and developmental schemes for disabled people in the state. For this, the government must ensure different ways to reach out the message to them.
Authorities will also take statistics of disabled people in interior parts of the state, and distribute assistive devices to them. Officials from villages have been given the responsibility to take a count so that the processes can be speeded up.
It is high time that disabled people actively take part in government matters for development of the country. Disabled people have special welfare schemes that they must avail at any cost!
ALSO READ: Disability Pension Scheme - Manipur
Read more on Newz Hook
- Education June 10, 2019 Kidsville Educational Academy offers a shoulder to children with disabilities, & families too
- Headlines June 9, 2019 Imran Khan invites PM Modi for peace talks
- Get-hooked June 9, 2019 Understanding Bipolar Disorder
- Headlines June 10, 2019 Maldives confers Modi with highest honour
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Lyse Bin Muhammad combines medicine & disability activism with ease
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Nominations for 2019 NCPEDP-Mphasis Universal Design Awards are open
- Headlines June 10, 2019 Dhoni gets government support on gloves issue
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News