Certificate course in disability launched in Pune
July 23, 2018
Non-governmental organisation EKansh Trust based in Pune has launched a certificate course in disability in collaboration with the St. Mira's college for girls.
The course aims to spread awareness about disabilities and inclusion in India. The course may soon be started inother institutes as well.
The duration of the course will be six weeks and it will cover topics such as physical, mental, intellectual and learning disabilities and also their implications, early intervention and rights of persons.
Several students have already enrolled for the course while Parents of differently-abled children will also attend it.
Ekansh Trust is also planning to launch the course in in sign language and Braille as well.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Education June 24, 2019 Inclusive Education - Challenges and Barriers - Guest column by Rukmini Krishnaswamy
- Education June 21, 2019 American College in Madurai introduces disability studies in syllabus
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Nippon Paint launches SAHYOG programme to empower youth with disabilities
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Uber India apology to disability rights activist not enough, call for concrete measures
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 Love, Marriage & Disability - couples share their stories
- Parasports June 19, 2019 Tamil Nadu set to rock the National Wheelchair Basketball Championship
- Parasports June 20, 2019 Sonakshi Sinha likely to play the part of Paralympian Deepa Malik
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News