Disability Pension Scheme - Punjab
July 25, 2018
Punjab, the land of the five rivers, has been in the news recently for many progressive steps taken in the space of accessibility in education for disabled students. The disability pension scheme comes under the Directorate of Social Security and Women and Child Development.
What is offered
A pension of Rs 250 is given every month to a person with a disability.
Who is Eligible
- Person must have an above 60% disability
- No age limit
- Monthly income of the disabled person should not exceed Rs 1,000 in case of an individual. The limit is Rs 1500 per month if the spouse of the disabled person is alive. If the applicant is not an earning member, the income of the parents should not be more than Rs 2,500 per month.
- Should be a resident of the state.
- Disability certificate
- Income proof or certificate from panchayat or an affidavit
- Proof of residence
- Passport size photograph
How to apply
Apply to the Block Development Officer and Executive Office of municipality in rural and urban areas. Application forms are available and submitted at the same place.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Imran Khan trolled after he quotes Tagore as Gibran
- Headlines June 26, 2019 Mamata Banerjee says ‘Super Emergency’ in India since Modi rule
- Technology June 20, 2019 #TechThursdays - Flexmo, a one-of-its-kind crutch, is engineered for all terrain types
- Events June 20, 2019 Workshop on Behaviour Therapy
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Rahul Gandhi criticised for mocking Dog Squad yoga picture
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Parenting Corner - Parent’s role in education
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 United Kingdom government grants visa to blind Indian musicians, reverses earlier order
- Headlines June 22, 2019 India deploys warships in view of US-Iran conflict
- Get-hooked June 24, 2019 Disabled adults experience the healing touch of animals for the first time at a therapy session
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News