Disability Pension Scheme - Meghalaya
July 27, 2018
Meghalaya stands apart from the rest of Indian states as it is follows a matrilineal system, which means the women stand to inherit property and wealth, not the men. The disability pension scheme is known as the Chief Minister's Disability Pension Scheme, 2012 and is implemented through the office of the Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities,
What is offered
The monthly pension offered to a disabled person is Rs 500. This is made on a quarterly basis.
Who is eligible
- Applicant must be 18 - 59 years old.
- Should be living in the state
- Should not be getting an unemployment allowance from the government.
- Disability certificate
- Proof of residence
- Bank account details
- Applicant eligible for pension will be given a Pension Card which should be produced for each payment.
How to apply
Application forms are issued by the office of the District Social Welfare Officer or Child Development Project Officer.
Read about the disability pension schemes offered in other states in the North East:
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Make comedy film on PM Modi: Urmila Matondkar
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 How to help a person with autism feel calm
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News