Disability Pension Scheme - Meghalaya
July 27, 2018
Meghalaya stands apart from the rest of Indian states as it is follows a matrilineal system, which means the women stand to inherit property and wealth, not the men. The disability pension scheme is known as the Chief Minister's Disability Pension Scheme, 2012 and is implemented through the office of the Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities,
What is offered
The monthly pension offered to a disabled person is Rs 500. This is made on a quarterly basis.
Who is eligible
- Applicant must be 18 - 59 years old.
- Should be living in the state
- Should not be getting an unemployment allowance from the government.
- Disability certificate
- Proof of residence
- Bank account details
- Applicant eligible for pension will be given a Pension Card which should be produced for each payment.
How to apply
Application forms are issued by the office of the District Social Welfare Officer or Child Development Project Officer.
Read about the disability pension schemes offered in other states in the North East:
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 20, 2019 With This Ability - Comedy and Conversation with Sweta Mantrii
- Get-hooked June 26, 2019 Nationwide contest seeks to unearth and showcase talented blind cooks
- Headlines June 19, 2019 Aussie player Steve Smith praises Virat
- Parasports June 19, 2019 Tamil Nadu set to rock the National Wheelchair Basketball Championship
- Headlines June 24, 2019 Salman to earn 400 crore from Bigg Boss 13
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Making a difference – Quick Tips for budding social entrepreneurs
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Finance Minister to present budget on 5 July
- Events June 20, 2019 Certificate course in Assistive Technology Solutions
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 Zakker Hussain’s relentless commitment to social work is admired by many people
- Accessibility June 24, 2019 Buttons 2 Button is an adaptive clothing idea straight from a mom's heart
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News