Disability Pension Scheme - Chandigarh
Chandigarh is the capital of both Punjab and Haryana, but is governed directly by the Centre as is the case with all the union territories in India. The state pension scheme is known as Pension for Disabled.
What is offered
Those with 40% disability and above will get Rs 500 a month from the Chandigarh government. People with disability of 80% and above, or with multiple disabilities, will get Rs 700 - 800 which includes the Centre's contribution as well.
Who is eligible
- Above 5 years of age
- Minimum 40% disability
- Should be a resident of Chandigarh for the last 3 years.
- Applicant should not earn more than Rs 1,000 a month. If he/she is married, joint income of husband and wife should not be more than Rs 1,500 a month. If applicant is not earning, then income of parents, in case of one child should not be more than Rs 500 a month. If there are two or more children, then the limit is Rs 3,000 a month.
To be eligible for the fusion of state and central pension schemes, the applicant must be:
- Between 18-79 years
- BPL category
- With more than 80% of disability or have severe multiple disabilities
- Resident of Chandigarh
- Disability certificate
- Residence proof
- Passport size photo
- Income proof/affidavit
How to apply
Applicant has to apply to the Social Welfare Department. Form is available here and the department also issues the disability pension card and number.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 9, 2019 Akash Ambani and Shloka Mehta to tie the knot on 9 March
- Events February 9, 2019 The Learning Factory, a Musical Puppet Play
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Kerala government introduces exclusive courts to handle cases for disabled people
- Accessibility February 11, 2019 Citizen activism pays off, gurdwara in East Delhi takes steps to make worship accessible for all
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 14, 2019
Get-hooked February 11, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News