Disability Pension Scheme - Chandigarh
July 29, 2018
Chandigarh is the capital of both Punjab and Haryana, but is governed directly by the Centre as is the case with all the union territories in India. The state pension scheme is known as Pension for Disabled.
What is offered
Those with 40% disability and above will get Rs 500 a month from the Chandigarh government. People with disability of 80% and above, or with multiple disabilities, will get Rs 700 - 800 which includes the Centre's contribution as well.
Who is eligible
- Above 5 years of age
- Minimum 40% disability
- Should be a resident of Chandigarh for the last 3 years.
- Applicant should not earn more than Rs 1,000 a month. If he/she is married, joint income of husband and wife should not be more than Rs 1,500 a month. If applicant is not earning, then income of parents, in case of one child should not be more than Rs 500 a month. If there are two or more children, then the limit is Rs 3,000 a month.
To be eligible for the fusion of state and central pension schemes, the applicant must be:
- Between 18-79 years
- BPL category
- With more than 80% of disability or have severe multiple disabilities
- Resident of Chandigarh
- Disability certificate
- Residence proof
- Passport size photo
- Income proof/affidavit
How to apply
Applicant has to apply to the Social Welfare Department. Form is available here and the department also issues the disability pension card and number.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
- Technology April 15, 2019 Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Accessibility April 14, 2019 Accessibility issues reported from across India on first phase of voting
- Events April 18, 2019 Special Summer Camp
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News