Disability Pension Scheme - Chandigarh
July 29, 2018
Chandigarh is the capital of both Punjab and Haryana, but is governed directly by the Centre as is the case with all the union territories in India. The state pension scheme is known as Pension for Disabled.
What is offered
Those with 40% disability and above will get Rs 500 a month from the Chandigarh government. People with disability of 80% and above, or with multiple disabilities, will get Rs 700 - 800 which includes the Centre's contribution as well.
Who is eligible
- Above 5 years of age
- Minimum 40% disability
- Should be a resident of Chandigarh for the last 3 years.
- Applicant should not earn more than Rs 1,000 a month. If he/she is married, joint income of husband and wife should not be more than Rs 1,500 a month. If applicant is not earning, then income of parents, in case of one child should not be more than Rs 500 a month. If there are two or more children, then the limit is Rs 3,000 a month.
To be eligible for the fusion of state and central pension schemes, the applicant must be:
- Between 18-79 years
- BPL category
- With more than 80% of disability or have severe multiple disabilities
- Resident of Chandigarh
- Disability certificate
- Residence proof
- Passport size photo
- Income proof/affidavit
How to apply
Applicant has to apply to the Social Welfare Department. Form is available here and the department also issues the disability pension card and number.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some effective yoga poses for wheelchair users
- Parasports June 19, 2019 Tamil Nadu set to rock the National Wheelchair Basketball Championship
- Events June 26, 2019 Talk Tools Workshop
- Events June 20, 2019 Workshop on Behaviour Therapy
- Events June 26, 2019 Morning of Fun
- Headlines June 25, 2019 RBI Deputy Governor resigns
- Headlines June 19, 2019 Aussie player Steve Smith praises Virat
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News