Disabled students in Madhya Pradesh will now get laptops and tricycles!
Most of the times, disabled students from economically backward families have a tough time trying to pursue their higher education. With the advent of modern technology, life without gadgets and laptops are close to impossible! That is why the government of Madhya Pradesh decided to provide free laptops and even tricycles to disabled students in the state.
Panchayat and Rural Development Minister Gopal Bhargav confirmed this news and said that at least 1000 students will benefit from this Chief Minister’s Disabled Education Incentive Scheme.
Authorities will identify students who have got more than 50% in class 9 from across the state. Providing them with laptops will benefit them while preparing for their class 10 board exams. Students who are pursuing their higher education in Information Technology will also be benefitted by this scheme.
Students who have passed class 10 with a 60% and above, and are all set to take admissions in graduate courses and have mobility issues, will be provided with tricycles.
Blind and deaf children along with children who have learning disabilities will be the beneficiaries of this scheme.
Watch in Sign Language
- Home schooling now an option for children with disabilities in Maharashtra
January 16, 2019
- Some tips for teaching children with Down syndrome
January 11, 2019
- Madhya Pradesh gesture to promote inclusion gets a thumbs up
January 9, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports January 17, 2019 Kerala government move to hold marathon with disabled category welcomed
- Events January 22, 2019 9th Hydrabad Fide Rating Chess Tournament for Visually Challenged, 2019
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Teen prodigy Satvik Sharma expresses himself through incredible works of art
- Headlines January 20, 2019 Dhoni becomes 4th Indian to record 1,000 one day runs in Australia
- Headlines January 23, 2019 Indian-origin Kamala Harris to run for U.S president
- Accessibility January 18, 2019 Goa Carnival 2019 promises to be wheelchair accessible
- Headlines January 17, 2019 Tributes for Dhoni after great show against Australia
- Events January 21, 2019 Agra Deaf Enable Society- Republic Day Event
- Get-hooked January 22, 2019 Wheelchair artists in Kerala to stage Chaya, 1st of its kind theatre performance
- Events January 19, 2019 Workshop on Secrets to Deal with ADHD Children
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Education January 11, 2019
Headlines January 17, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News