Disabled students in Madhya Pradesh will now get laptops and tricycles!
Most of the times, disabled students from economically backward families have a tough time trying to pursue their higher education. With the advent of modern technology, life without gadgets and laptops are close to impossible! That is why the government of Madhya Pradesh decided to provide free laptops and even tricycles to disabled students in the state.
Panchayat and Rural Development Minister Gopal Bhargav confirmed this news and said that at least 1000 students will benefit from this Chief Minister’s Disabled Education Incentive Scheme.
Authorities will identify students who have got more than 50% in class 9 from across the state. Providing them with laptops will benefit them while preparing for their class 10 board exams. Students who are pursuing their higher education in Information Technology will also be benefitted by this scheme.
Students who have passed class 10 with a 60% and above, and are all set to take admissions in graduate courses and have mobility issues, will be provided with tricycles.
Blind and deaf children along with children who have learning disabilities will be the beneficiaries of this scheme.
Watch in Sign Language
- Make classrooms friendly for children with ADHD
November 15, 2018
- Understanding the Learning Disability - Dyslexia
November 14, 2018
- MBBS entrance exam brochure makes no mention of modified rules for disabled candidates
November 2, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked November 9, 2018 India takes the fight against leprosy to people's doorsteps
- Get-hooked November 14, 2018 First ever scientific study establishes the magical link between music & autism
- Employment November 11, 2018 Career choices for people with autism
- Get-hooked November 11, 2018 Some pre-school activities to improve well-being of disabled children
- Headlines November 12, 2018 Cyclonic storm lashes coasts of Tamil Nadu, south Andhra
- Get-hooked November 12, 2018 New study links high pollution levels to autism, findings a cause for concern for Indian parents
- Parasports November 15, 2018 Mumbai to play host to second wheelchair basketball camp in November
- Headlines November 11, 2018 Facebook launches TikTok like app called 'Lasso'
- Technology November 12, 2018 Manovue glove opens doors to visually impaired people who do not know Braille
- Headlines November 10, 2018 Vijay’s ‘Sarkar’ enters Rs 100 Crore club amidst controversies
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News