Disabled students in Madhya Pradesh will now get laptops and tricycles!
July 25, 2018
Most of the times, disabled students from economically backward families have a tough time trying to pursue their higher education. With the advent of modern technology, life without gadgets and laptops are close to impossible! That is why the government of Madhya Pradesh decided to provide free laptops and even tricycles to disabled students in the state.
Panchayat and Rural Development Minister Gopal Bhargav confirmed this news and said that at least 1000 students will benefit from this Chief Minister's Disabled Education Incentive Scheme.
Authorities will identify students who have got more than 50% in class 9 from across the state. Providing them with laptops will benefit them while preparing for their class 10 board exams. Students who are pursuing their higher education in Information Technology will also be benefitted by this scheme.
Students who have passed class 10 with a 60% and above, and are all set to take admissions in graduate courses and have mobility issues, will be provided with tricycles.
Blind and deaf children along with children who have learning disabilities will be the beneficiaries of this scheme.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Vir Chakra recommended for Air Force pilot
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Over 200 dead in Sri Lanka blasts
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News