Global Disability Summit to find ways to fight discrimination against disabled people
July 25, 2018
The Global Disability Summit is being held in the UK and started on 24 July. The summit brings together various stakeholders to discuss ways of dealing with the discrimination and prejudice faced by people with disabilities.
It is the first ever Global Disability Summit being held in the United Kingdom.
The focus of the summit is to find ways to improve the life of disabled people especially in the developing countries.
The summit is being hosted in collaboration with the Government of Kenya and the International Disability Alliance and also features a keynote speech from President of Ecuador Lenín Moreno, who has a disability himself.
The summit is being attended by government ministers, business leaders, and organisations supporting people with disabilities from various countries.
The expectations are high from the summit as there is much need for action against the discrimination of disabled people in today's world.
The summit will also discuss the need for inclusion of the people with disabilities in policy making to ensure their development in future plans of a country.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 Shubhajit aims to enter history books as first double arm amputee to complete Bengaluru-Ladakh bike ride
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Anybody Can Paint helps visually impaired people find the artists within
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable deaf voters make an informed choice
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 This programme claims to empower kids with developmental disorders through virtual training
- Headlines April 15, 2019 IPL 2019 RCB wins 1st match
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Notre Dame cathedral in Paris catches fire
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News