Global Disability Summit to find ways to fight discrimination against disabled people
July 25, 2018
The Global Disability Summit is being held in the UK and started on 24 July. The summit brings together various stakeholders to discuss ways of dealing with the discrimination and prejudice faced by people with disabilities.
It is the first ever Global Disability Summit being held in the United Kingdom.
The focus of the summit is to find ways to improve the life of disabled people especially in the developing countries.
The summit is being hosted in collaboration with the Government of Kenya and the International Disability Alliance and also features a keynote speech from President of Ecuador Lenín Moreno, who has a disability himself.
The summit is being attended by government ministers, business leaders, and organisations supporting people with disabilities from various countries.
The expectations are high from the summit as there is much need for action against the discrimination of disabled people in today's world.
The summit will also discuss the need for inclusion of the people with disabilities in policy making to ensure their development in future plans of a country.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Church in Ireland cancels invite to priest for comparing kids with autism to animals
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
- Events June 13, 2019 Decoding Dementia
- Employment June 17, 2019 SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
- Headlines June 17, 2019 More deaths due to encephalitis in Bihar
- Events June 17, 2019 Miss & Mister Deaf Stars 2019
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Acid attack survivors hope SRK's support will lend greater focus to their campaign
- Headlines June 11, 2019 Virat apologises for booing Indian fans
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Cycle Ride
- Accessibility June 11, 2019 A warrior in the cause of digital accessibility - My Take by Sai Bhagat
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News