Museum in Ahmedabad showcases innovative assistive technologies!
July 26, 2018
From a walking cane fitted with a sensor to a scanner that can read a book, the Technology Museum that has been started in Ahmedabad will leave you openmouthed with awe.
The museum has been opened at the Blind People's Association and lets visitors experience how blind and visually impaired experience the world with the help of technology.
There are over 70 exhibits here from across the world. The museum has old Braille typewriters and inclusive board games. There are also items useful for daily life like wrist watch, calculator, and blood pressure monitors developed keeping in mind the needs of a blind person.
Officials hope the exhibit will inspire young designers to think on innovative lines to build inclusive equipment. The museum will also train blind and visually impaired people on using these technologies.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 These school kids show all the potential of making it big in the world of art
- Events June 20, 2019 Workshop on Behaviour Therapy
- Headlines June 26, 2019 Felt suicidal after India loss, says Pakistan cricket coach
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Rahul Gandhi firm on quitting as Congress chief
- Events June 20, 2019 Mental Health Session
- Headlines June 24, 2019 Afghanistan match was a lesson, says Virat
- Headlines June 19, 2019 Encephalitis kills 108 people in Bihar
- Events June 26, 2019 Sign Language Workshop
- Get-hooked June 26, 2019 Nationwide contest seeks to unearth and showcase talented blind cooks
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some effective yoga poses for wheelchair users
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News