Museum in Ahmedabad showcases innovative assistive technologies!
July 26, 2018
From a walking cane fitted with a sensor to a scanner that can read a book, the Technology Museum that has been started in Ahmedabad will leave you openmouthed with awe.
The museum has been opened at the Blind People's Association and lets visitors experience how blind and visually impaired experience the world with the help of technology.
There are over 70 exhibits here from across the world. The museum has old Braille typewriters and inclusive board games. There are also items useful for daily life like wrist watch, calculator, and blood pressure monitors developed keeping in mind the needs of a blind person.
Officials hope the exhibit will inspire young designers to think on innovative lines to build inclusive equipment. The museum will also train blind and visually impaired people on using these technologies.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Google bans TikTok in India
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
- Events April 18, 2019 Special Summer Camp
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News