India beat Sri Lanka in blind cricket T-20 series
India's blind cricket team has something to cheer about!. The blind cricket world champions beat Sri Lanks, 4-1, in the five-match T20I bilateral series.
India won the toss and chose to field. They were able to restrict Lanka to 142 runs, but India was charged with a penalty and the target was pushed to 149.
Indian captain, Ajay Reddy, got the wicket of star Lankan player, Ajith Silva, which was the crucial factor in India's victory. Reddy also had a 70-run partnership with Durga Rao that helped India win the series in just 15.4 overs.
For Indian fans it was a treat when India chased 190 with four overs to spare and with all the wickets intact. Reddy gave good support to all-rounder Sunil Ramesh, who scored a century in the last match.
The world champions had a shaky start, where they lost the first two games of the ODI matches. But they got back into the groove for the T20 series.
Blind cricket authorities in India hope that the win will encourage other countries to promote blind cricket globally. The chief guest at the ceremony was former Sri Lankan captain, Arjuna Ranatunga.
Watch in Sign Language
- Mumbai to host first national throwball & swimming camp this week
October 23, 2018
- India whitewash Sri Lanka, win T20 series 5-0
October 23, 2018
- India take on Sri Lanka in 5th & final match of T20 blind cricket series today
October 22, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events October 17, 2018 Inclusive Dandiya Nite
- Events October 21, 2018 Diwali Mela 2018
- Parasports October 22, 2018 Mandvi Garg battled depression, vision loss to come back as a champion trekker
- Get-hooked October 22, 2018 Children with autism find a ray of hope at Sunshine in Bengaluru
- Education October 20, 2018 Some ways to help kids with autism prepare for exams
- Accessibility October 19, 2018 Mumbai bookstore Trilogy is helping to spread the word about Braille
- Headlines October 19, 2018 Sneakers designed by Virat Kohli launched in India
- Get-hooked October 19, 2018 This Bengaluru NGO looks to nature to improve the wellbeing of disabled kids
- Get-hooked October 21, 2018 Indian Sign Language gets to wider audience, thanks to GiftAbled Foundation
- Headlines October 19, 2018 Kerala shutdowns after Sabarimala protests intensifies
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News