India beat Sri Lanka in blind cricket T-20 series
July 26, 2018
India's blind cricket team has something to cheer about!. The blind cricket world champions beat Sri Lanks, 4-1, in the five-match T20I bilateral series.
India won the toss and chose to field. They were able to restrict Lanka to 142 runs, but India was charged with a penalty and the target was pushed to 149.
Indian captain, Ajay Reddy, got the wicket of star Lankan player, Ajith Silva, which was the crucial factor in India's victory. Reddy also had a 70-run partnership with Durga Rao that helped India win the series in just 15.4 overs.
For Indian fans it was a treat when India chased 190 with four overs to spare and with all the wickets intact. Reddy gave good support to all-rounder Sunil Ramesh, who scored a century in the last match.
The world champions had a shaky start, where they lost the first two games of the ODI matches. But they got back into the groove for the T20 series.
Blind cricket authorities in India hope that the win will encourage other countries to promote blind cricket globally. The chief guest at the ceremony was former Sri Lankan captain, Arjuna Ranatunga.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Google bans TikTok in India
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Understanding Stimming
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 How to help a person with autism feel calm
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
- Headlines April 21, 2019 IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Anybody Can Paint helps visually impaired people find the artists within
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan pays 70 crore tax
- Events April 15, 2019 Accessible Bowling
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News