India beat Sri Lanka in blind cricket T-20 series
India's blind cricket team has something to cheer about!. The blind cricket world champions beat Sri Lanks, 4-1, in the five-match T20I bilateral series.
India won the toss and chose to field. They were able to restrict Lanka to 142 runs, but India was charged with a penalty and the target was pushed to 149.
Indian captain, Ajay Reddy, got the wicket of star Lankan player, Ajith Silva, which was the crucial factor in India's victory. Reddy also had a 70-run partnership with Durga Rao that helped India win the series in just 15.4 overs.
For Indian fans it was a treat when India chased 190 with four overs to spare and with all the wickets intact. Reddy gave good support to all-rounder Sunil Ramesh, who scored a century in the last match.
The world champions had a shaky start, where they lost the first two games of the ODI matches. But they got back into the groove for the T20 series.
Blind cricket authorities in India hope that the win will encourage other countries to promote blind cricket globally. The chief guest at the ceremony was former Sri Lankan captain, Arjuna Ranatunga.
Watch in Sign Language
- Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
February 18, 2019
- Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
February 18, 2019
- Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
- Events February 12, 2019 World Women's Day
- Technology February 17, 2019 Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Barbie goes inclusive, launches line of dolls with disabilities
- Events February 14, 2019 Ghazal Nite
- Events February 12, 2019 Empowering for Inclusion Summit 2019
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Cherish your life with all its unique flaws and blessings- My Take by Sundari Sivasubbu, Author
- Parasports February 12, 2019 Indian disabled cricket team gets invite from Pakistan
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019