India beat Sri Lanka in blind cricket T-20 series
India's blind cricket team has something to cheer about!. The blind cricket world champions beat Sri Lanks, 4-1, in the five-match T20I bilateral series.
India won the toss and chose to field. They were able to restrict Lanka to 142 runs, but India was charged with a penalty and the target was pushed to 149.
Indian captain, Ajay Reddy, got the wicket of star Lankan player, Ajith Silva, which was the crucial factor in India's victory. Reddy also had a 70-run partnership with Durga Rao that helped India win the series in just 15.4 overs.
For Indian fans it was a treat when India chased 190 with four overs to spare and with all the wickets intact. Reddy gave good support to all-rounder Sunil Ramesh, who scored a century in the last match.
The world champions had a shaky start, where they lost the first two games of the ODI matches. But they got back into the groove for the T20 series.
Blind cricket authorities in India hope that the win will encourage other countries to promote blind cricket globally. The chief guest at the ceremony was former Sri Lankan captain, Arjuna Ranatunga.
Watch in Sign Language
- Nothing stops this blind cricketer from batting for inclusion into IPL
December 17, 2018
- Exciting cricket at 1st triangular blind cricket series for girls
December 16, 2018
- India roots for Arunima Sinha as she sets to scale Antarctica's highest peak
December 16, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events December 13, 2018 6th India International Deaf film festival 2019
- Accessibility December 17, 2018 Ezy Mov, the wheelchair taxi service, makes Accessible Goa a reality
- Headlines December 15, 2018 Badminton players Saina Nehwal and Parupalli Kashyap are married
- Headlines December 16, 2018 Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh may be announced today
- Headlines December 12, 2018 United Kingdom court orders extradition of Vijay Mallya to India
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Abuse at therapy centres in Kerala under scanner again, government promises redressal
- Get-hooked December 16, 2018 Health Problems in children with Autism
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Isha Ambani & Anand Piramal ties the knot at Ambani’s residence in Mumbai
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Hearing Impairment - Deaf and hard of hearing
- Events December 11, 2018 Forging the Assistive Technology value chain
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports December 16, 2018
Parasports December 13, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018