Puducherry man with cerebral palsy sets record swimming in the sea
July 27, 2018
Fo 25-year-old Sriram Srinivas it was his family's strong support that kept his dream of setting a record alive. And set a record eh has, of swimming five kilometres in the sea.
Born with cerebral palsy, Srinivas has set many records in swimming at the national level. He also excels in other sports and gives credit to his mother for backing him.
His most recent record is swimming in the sea from Cuddalore Old Town to Silver Beach in three hours and 20 minutes during the NCC Ocean Expedition. The NCC also honoured him with an Achiever Award.
Srinivas was accompanied by his swimming coach and his efforts to swim in the hot and humid weather were praised by all.
Born with cerebral palsy, Srinivas started doing physiotherapy when he was eight years old. He also did yoga, swimming and cycling. Seeing his interest in swimming, his parents engaged two coaches to train him. Soon he started competing in state and national level events and was successful.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 13, 2019 Black Hole image creator is a media star
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 What Good Are We? - Guest column by Arun Dua
- Technology April 15, 2019 Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Second voting phase-Key points
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 This programme claims to empower kids with developmental disorders through virtual training
- Headlines April 13, 2019 Share funding details, court tells political parties
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News