Swimming is the new favourite for these children with special needs from Chandigarh!
July 27, 2018
For a bunch of children with special needs at Chandigarh, swimming is their new favourite pastime and passion. The sports department of Chandigarh administration is now providing free swimming classes to over 16 children with special needs at Sector 23. It is indeed a treat to the eyes to see these children gliding and experimenting with different strokes inside the pool. The best part is that they are not even scared of depths of the water!
The coach who accompanies these children is super excited to train this bunch. It gives the coach immense pleasure to see his students quenching to learn more new things as each day passes by. Whereas for parents, they are having a great time seeing their kids thoroughly enjoy swimming lessons.
Swimming classes are held every day post their school hours. Students from 6 to 40 years of age are part of the classes. All the parents equally agree that their children are super excited the whole day thinking of attending their swimming classes in the evening!
One of the parents points out that such swimming sessions enhance the physical and mental capacity of children with special needs.
Organisers are planning to hold a swimming championship for these children by next month. It will be an opportunity for them to showcase their talents. Children with special needs from different schools across the district will be invited for the event.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Huge turnout for #MenToo protests held in Delhi
- Get-hooked May 20, 2019 'Follow your heart, not your brain to find success' - Guest column by Neelu Jindal
- Headlines May 22, 2019 Clean chit for Mulayam Singh & son in corruption case
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 'We have only one life, so live it to the fullest' - My Take by Krishnakumar PS
- Headlines May 24, 2019 World leaders congratulate PM Modi
- Get-hooked May 26, 2019 Understanding Phantom Limb Pain
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 Music knows no boundaries so why barriers at concert venues, ask disabled music lovers
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Accessible Elections in India & lessons for the future
- Accessibility May 21, 2019 Check out these accessible holiday destinations in India
- Headlines May 25, 2019 18 children killed in fire at Surat building
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News