Swimming is the new favourite for these children with special needs from Chandigarh!
July 27, 2018
For a bunch of children with special needs at Chandigarh, swimming is their new favourite pastime and passion. The sports department of Chandigarh administration is now providing free swimming classes to over 16 children with special needs at Sector 23. It is indeed a treat to the eyes to see these children gliding and experimenting with different strokes inside the pool. The best part is that they are not even scared of depths of the water!
The coach who accompanies these children is super excited to train this bunch. It gives the coach immense pleasure to see his students quenching to learn more new things as each day passes by. Whereas for parents, they are having a great time seeing their kids thoroughly enjoy swimming lessons.
Swimming classes are held every day post their school hours. Students from 6 to 40 years of age are part of the classes. All the parents equally agree that their children are super excited the whole day thinking of attending their swimming classes in the evening!
One of the parents points out that such swimming sessions enhance the physical and mental capacity of children with special needs.
Organisers are planning to hold a swimming championship for these children by next month. It will be an opportunity for them to showcase their talents. Children with special needs from different schools across the district will be invited for the event.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked March 16, 2019 #WonderWoman - Priya Bhargav embodies the warrior spirit in many ways
- Get-hooked March 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines March 15, 2019 21 opposition parties appeal to Supreme Court about EVMs
- Events March 20, 2019 On The Path To Success - My Journey With My Child
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Rahul Gandhi PM Modi over chowkidaar campaign
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Parikkar given state funeral with military honours
- Headlines March 17, 2019 Gun laws to change in New Zealand after terror attack
- Accessibility March 20, 2019 Chennai tourist attraction, Elliot’s beach, set to become wheelchair accessible
- Headlines March 20, 2019 One CRPF jawan killed, six others injured in naxal attack
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Anil Ambani pays dues, avoids jail term
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News