Swimming is the new favourite for these children with special needs from Chandigarh!
For a bunch of children with special needs at Chandigarh, swimming is their new favourite pastime and passion. The sports department of Chandigarh administration is now providing free swimming classes to over 16 children with special needs at Sector 23. It is indeed a treat to the eyes to see these children gliding and experimenting with different strokes inside the pool. The best part is that they are not even scared of depths of the water!
The coach who accompanies these children is super excited to train this bunch. It gives the coach immense pleasure to see his students quenching to learn more new things as each day passes by. Whereas for parents, they are having a great time seeing their kids thoroughly enjoy swimming lessons.
Swimming classes are held every day post their school hours. Students from 6 to 40 years of age are part of the classes. All the parents equally agree that their children are super excited the whole day thinking of attending their swimming classes in the evening!
One of the parents points out that such swimming sessions enhance the physical and mental capacity of children with special needs.
Organisers are planning to hold a swimming championship for these children by next month. It will be an opportunity for them to showcase their talents. Children with special needs from different schools across the district will be invited for the event.
Watch in Sign Language
- Wheelchair artists in Kerala to stage Chaya, 1st of its kind theatre performance
January 22, 2019
- Workshop on children with ADHD, know more
January 22, 2019
- Some things to not tell a disabled person when you meet online
January 21, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines January 20, 2019 Kerala government claims 51 women entered Sabarimala since last September
- Get-hooked January 17, 2019 Amputee Mayur Dumasia's 5-state cycling expedition is an inspiration to all
- Headlines January 17, 2019 India's D Gukesh is world’s 2nd youngest chess grandmaster
- Headlines January 15, 2019 Gujarat becomes first state to implement 10% reservation for general category
- Get-hooked January 15, 2019 Jisha’s journey with art is a story of determination, passion
- Get-hooked January 19, 2019 Fed up of delays in updated guidelines for disabled MBBS aspirants, activists approach minister
- Accessibility January 16, 2019 Blind Faith Upgrade kit just the 1st step towards promoting accessibility, says Isobar India
- Get-hooked January 19, 2019 Awareness to access, Cure SMA India speaks up for kids with spinal muscular atrophy
- Events January 20, 2019 Deaf Awareness India- Guests Lecture
- Headlines January 19, 2019 India wins one day series in Australia
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked January 13, 2019
Get-hooked January 18, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News