New wing of Delhi High Court has accessible facilities for disabled people
A new block of the Delhi High Court was inaugurated by Chief Justice of India Dipak Misra on Wednesday.
The new wing has been designed with accessible features for people with disabilities such as tactile flooring and specially designed toilets on each floor.
The new wing has increased the total number of courtrooms from 15 to 50.
The new four floor building is also designed to make the most of resources and will help conserve energy.
The inauguration was attended by several people as the High Court had issued a circular making it mandatory for all officers of the Delhi Judicial Service. Even trainee judicial officers were asked to be present at the function at Vigyan Bhawan in Delhi.
Some other features of the court wing include open courtrooms, optimal utilisation of natural lights, and a green wall on each floor for natural temperature regulation.
It also has security related features and microphone in each courtroom, fire detection system and a central CCTV monitoring system.
Watch in Sign Language
- Fact check by disability advocacy group on voting day in Rajasthan throws up gaps in accessible election promises
December 10, 2018
- Disability rights leader Satendra Singh challenges move to close probe into harassment faced during train travel
December 9, 2018
- Bengaluru’s Namma Pride gets a thumbs up for its accessibility features
December 9, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 Some tips for dating when you have a disability
- Headlines December 7, 2018 Priyanka Chopra article taken down after angry reactions on social media
- Accessibility December 7, 2018 Disability Heroes - Prajith Jaipal is out to create a new India, accessible & barrier-free
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 What makes them Disability Heroes - World Disability Day Special
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Army jawan arrested in connection with Bulandshahr cop murder
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 4% job reservation for disabled people announced in Goa
- Headlines December 8, 2018 Singer Mika Singh detained& released in Dubai over sexual harassment allegations
- Headlines December 9, 2018 Resolving 26/11 Mumbai attacks is in Pakistan's interest, says Imran Khan
- Accessibility December 6, 2018 Kerala government reserves 4% jobs for disabled people in government-aided educational institutions
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Virat gets booed by fans in Australia, 'not done' says former Aussie player
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Accessibility December 4, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News