Comedian Lee Ridley to write a book on disability
July 31, 2018
Stand up comedian Lee Ridley won hearts and minds across the world after he won the top honours at the prestigious Britain's Got Talent show this year. Now, he is about to bring his story to the world in a book that will be published soon.
The auction for the book was a highly competitive affair, with many publishing houses eager to tell teh inspiring story of Ridley, who has cerebral palsy. The rights were won by TransWorld Publishers.
Ridley uses a communication device to speak and is often asked silly, baseless questions about his disability. In his book, titled I'm Only In It For the Parking, he plans to tackle these silly questions and answer them in his well known humorous style.
Along with this, he will tell the stories of his life and talk about the perceptions regarding disability.
Ridley is celebrated across the world for his comedy routines and has won the BBC New Comedy award and written several TV shows.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Headlines April 21, 2019 IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Understanding Stimming
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Expectations from the next government of India - My Take by Jasmina Khanna
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News