Comedian Lee Ridley to write a book on disability
July 31, 2018
Stand up comedian Lee Ridley won hearts and minds across the world after he won the top honours at the prestigious Britain's Got Talent show this year. Now, he is about to bring his story to the world in a book that will be published soon.
The auction for the book was a highly competitive affair, with many publishing houses eager to tell teh inspiring story of Ridley, who has cerebral palsy. The rights were won by TransWorld Publishers.
Ridley uses a communication device to speak and is often asked silly, baseless questions about his disability. In his book, titled I'm Only In It For the Parking, he plans to tackle these silly questions and answer them in his well known humorous style.
Along with this, he will tell the stories of his life and talk about the perceptions regarding disability.
Ridley is celebrated across the world for his comedy routines and has won the BBC New Comedy award and written several TV shows.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 20, 2019 With This Ability - Comedy and Conversation with Sweta Mantrii
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 These school kids show all the potential of making it big in the world of art
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 United Kingdom government grants visa to blind Indian musicians, reverses earlier order
- Education June 21, 2019 American College in Madurai introduces disability studies in syllabus
- Events June 20, 2019 Anxiety Disorders & Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Rahul Gandhi criticised for mocking Dog Squad yoga picture
- Get-hooked June 24, 2019 Children feel like superheroes in this lovely photoshoot initiative started by American couple
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Best friends Mary Vincy & Mary Jiya shares their success mantras
- Headlines June 23, 2019 ‘Kabir Singh’ becomes fourth-highest opener of 2019
- Events June 23, 2019 Certificate Course on Down Syndrome
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News