From Apple, a clothing tech to assist blind people
August 1, 2018
Apple has announced plans that sound truly revolutionary. The company says it will soon launch a new invention that will improve the lives of blind and visually impaired people.
It plans to launch wearable Smart Clothing like a shirt or jacket that's technologically equipped with advanced components and sensors acting as a visual aid.
People who are blind and visually impaired depend on assistive devices like canes, seeing eye companion dogs, or other physical aids to navigate everyday lives. Apple's invention sounds like a highly-advanced wearable that is capable of helping visually impaired people move about freely without the need for a cane or companion dog.
The device can link up to an iPhone or other touch-based input terminal capable of providing the wearer with vital data about their environment. This way a sensory impaired user can move around with the help of a guidance device.
The guidance device could take the form of a jacket or shirt equipped with sensors, including a camera, that are wirelessly connected to an input/output 'touch surface' like an iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch.
Through this connection, the device would provide the visually impaired wearer with assistance that may be better than that of traditional devices.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-Hooked August 14, 2019 Young innovator Prashant Gade seeks support to give prosthetic arms for free to the needy
- Events August 14, 2019 Special Buddies Program
- Get-Hooked August 18, 2019 Tips to lead a healthy lifestyle when you are an amputee
- Headlines August 12, 2019 Curfew in Srinagar, people told to stay home
- Headlines August 17, 2019 UN Security Council holds meeting about Kashmir
- Events August 14, 2019 Unity through Performing Arts
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Kerala nun seeks justice from the Vatican
- Headlines August 15, 2019 Abhinandan Varthaman to get Vir Chakra on Independence Day
- Accessibility August 14, 2019 Kerala floods underline critical need to frame inclusive disaster risk management policies
- Education August 12, 2019 Special Educators Forum-India demands separate national education policy for children with disabilities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News