From Apple, a clothing tech to assist blind people
August 1, 2018
Apple has announced plans that sound truly revolutionary. The company says it will soon launch a new invention that will improve the lives of blind and visually impaired people.
It plans to launch wearable Smart Clothing like a shirt or jacket that's technologically equipped with advanced components and sensors acting as a visual aid.
People who are blind and visually impaired depend on assistive devices like canes, seeing eye companion dogs, or other physical aids to navigate everyday lives. Apple's invention sounds like a highly-advanced wearable that is capable of helping visually impaired people move about freely without the need for a cane or companion dog.
The device can link up to an iPhone or other touch-based input terminal capable of providing the wearer with vital data about their environment. This way a sensory impaired user can move around with the help of a guidance device.
The guidance device could take the form of a jacket or shirt equipped with sensors, including a camera, that are wirelessly connected to an input/output 'touch surface' like an iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch.
Through this connection, the device would provide the visually impaired wearer with assistance that may be better than that of traditional devices.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines July 14, 2019 Kumaraswamy calls for floor test amid political crisis
- Events July 16, 2019 Swaras and More @ Mitr Cafe
- Lifestyle July 17, 2019 No lace sports shoes for kids – Affordable, convenient and takes away the pain!
- Get-hooked July 17, 2019 Disabled people put up remarkable performances at talent show in New Delhi
- Employment July 12, 2019 These disabled women are making prosthetic aids that are enabling mobility for others
- Headlines July 15, 2019 England wins 2019 World Cup trophy
- Get-hooked July 14, 2019 #RareDiseases - Indian Rett Syndrome Foundation is raising awareness about this genetic brain disorder
- Get-hooked July 12, 2019 A born artist, Mashood believes in living life, king size!
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Over 50 people dead, 30 missing in Nepal floods
- Headlines July 13, 2019 Hrithik Roshan’s ‘Super 30’ hits theatres
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News