From Apple, a clothing tech to assist blind people
Apple has announced plans that sound truly revolutionary. The company says it will soon launch a new invention that will improve the lives of blind and visually impaired people.
It plans to launch wearable Smart Clothing like a shirt or jacket that’s technologically equipped with advanced components and sensors acting as a visual aid.
People who are blind and visually impaired depend on assistive devices like canes, seeing eye companion dogs, or other physical aids to navigate everyday lives. Apple’s invention sounds like a highly-advanced wearable that is capable of helping visually impaired people move about freely without the need for a cane or companion dog.
The device can link up to an iPhone or other touch-based input terminal capable of providing the wearer with vital data about their environment. This way a sensory impaired user can move around with the help of a guidance device.
The guidance device could take the form of a jacket or shirt equipped with sensors, including a camera, that are wirelessly connected to an input/output ‘touch surface’ like an iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch.
Through this connection, the device would provide the visually impaired wearer with assistance that may be better than that of traditional devices.
Watch in Sign Language
- Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
February 17, 2019
- Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
February 14, 2019
- Move to promote inclusion or mere gimmick? Disability-themed emojis for 2019 get mixed reviews
February 11, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Pakistani actors and artists banned by Indian film industry
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Accessibility February 18, 2019 Kozhikode Art Gallery under fire for blocking access to wheelchair users
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Get-hooked February 19, 2019 Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Superstar Rajinikanth will not contest Lok Sabha Elections
- Parasports February 19, 2019 "After playing for 15 years, I am getting recognition now" - My Take by blind chess champ Kishan Gangolli
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News