All India Institute of Speech and Hearing will now own 5 new research centres
August 3, 2018
The All India Institute of Speech and Hearing (AIISH) located at Mysuru in Karnataka is one of the premier institutions in the country. They recently won the honour of the Centre of Excellence (CoE) tag. AIISH is gearing up to take on more activities to keep in par with their excellence.
It will launch five new research centres in their campus that will conduct in-depth studies in the areas of communication and various disorders.
AIISH was established over 52 years back and has been providing the best clinical services to treat communication disorders. People of various age groups from different parts of India frequent AIISH.
Over two lakh square feet of built-up area has already been set aside for starting these new centres. The Central Public Works Department has started working on this.
Nearly 70 specialised staff will be appointed by the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare for empowering candidates at AIISH.
Apart from admitting deaf candidates, AIISH also caters to adults and the elderly with various kinds of communication disorders.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports June 13, 2019 Shekhar Naik Foundation gives hope to aspiring blind cricketers
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Dark Pheonix brings alive the magic of Stan Lee's superheroes yet again
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Kerala cops, Interpol join hands to fight child abuse
- Headlines June 11, 2019 PM says Rahul yet to recover from poll loss
- Headlines June 14, 2019 Sania Mirza slams TV ads ahead of India-Pak match
- Events June 13, 2019 Read for Mental Health
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Accept, Respect, Empower each other - Guest Column by Tapas Bharadwaj
- Accessibility June 11, 2019 A warrior in the cause of digital accessibility - My Take by Sai Bhagat
- Get-hooked June 13, 2019 Feeling body positive when you have a disability
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Providing service with care & compassion is the mantra for Walktors At Home
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News