All India Institute of Speech and Hearing will now own 5 new research centres
August 3, 2018
The All India Institute of Speech and Hearing (AIISH) located at Mysuru in Karnataka is one of the premier institutions in the country. They recently won the honour of the Centre of Excellence (CoE) tag. AIISH is gearing up to take on more activities to keep in par with their excellence.
It will launch five new research centres in their campus that will conduct in-depth studies in the areas of communication and various disorders.
AIISH was established over 52 years back and has been providing the best clinical services to treat communication disorders. People of various age groups from different parts of India frequent AIISH.
Over two lakh square feet of built-up area has already been set aside for starting these new centres. The Central Public Works Department has started working on this.
Nearly 70 specialised staff will be appointed by the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare for empowering candidates at AIISH.
Apart from admitting deaf candidates, AIISH also caters to adults and the elderly with various kinds of communication disorders.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 13, 2019 Black Hole image creator is a media star
- Get-hooked April 12, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Google bans TikTok in India
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
- Events April 11, 2019 Sibling Gathering
- Headlines April 11, 2019 IPL 2019 - MI Vs KXIP
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 #AutismPower - Varun Sawant juggles multiple talents with great style
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News