All India Institute of Speech and Hearing will now own 5 new research centres
The All India Institute of Speech and Hearing (AIISH) located at Mysuru in Karnataka is one of the premier institutions in the country. They recently won the honour of the Centre of Excellence (CoE) tag. AIISH is gearing up to take on more activities to keep in par with their excellence.
It will launch five new research centres in their campus that will conduct in-depth studies in the areas of communication and various disorders.
AIISH was established over 52 years back and has been providing the best clinical services to treat communication disorders. People of various age groups from different parts of India frequent AIISH.
Over two lakh square feet of built-up area has already been set aside for starting these new centres. The Central Public Works Department has started working on this.
Nearly 70 specialised staff will be appointed by the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare for empowering candidates at AIISH.
Apart from admitting deaf candidates, AIISH also caters to adults and the elderly with various kinds of communication disorders.
Watch in Sign Language
- Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
February 20, 2019
- Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
February 19, 2019
- Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
February 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports February 19, 2019 "After playing for 15 years, I am getting recognition now" - My Take by blind chess champ Kishan Gangolli
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Superstar Rajinikanth will not contest Lok Sabha Elections
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Get-hooked February 19, 2019 Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 63 government websites now accessible for disabled people, claims Centre. Not enough, says experts
- Events February 14, 2019 Ghazal Nite
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Kashmir Valley shuts down after terror attack
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 18, 2019
Get-hooked February 11, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019