iBall launches improved Aasaan phone with Braille & Talking Keyboard!
August 2, 2018
The new phone in the Aasaan series by iBall offers some innovative accessibility features! Called Aasaan 4 Senior Mobile Phone, the phone is an upgraded version with new features based on feedback from users, like the Braille and talking keypad for visually impaired people. It also has a mobile tracker which alerts family members once the new SIM card is inserted.
The phone also has a easy-to-read screen of a large 5.86 cm dimension. It also has large display fonts as well as dialling keys. The phone aims to end the struggle that senior citizens and the elderly face while making a call. Even better, users not familiar with Braille can activate the talking keypad feature that speaks out the digit pressed in English.
Aasaan 4 has an SOS feature that will help users get help during emergencies. By pressing the SOS button, users can set off a siren to alert people nearby. It also starts sending SMS to five predefined numbers and starts calling five pre-set numbers of relatives until someone picks up the call.
The phone also has an activated speed dial that gets automatically directed to the first emergency contact at the touch of a button.
The phone has a Medicine Reminder that reminds senior citizens to take their pills. There is also a Hearing Aid feature that enables clear conversations. The phone also acts as the Magnifier to zoom in and read out contents. There is a Human Voice incoming call that lets the user know who is calling without having to look at the phone.
This is a dual SIM phone, with increased 1800 mAh battery and Micro SD support of up to 32 GB. It can store up to 200 text messages and 1,000 contacts without a problem.
The design supports 10 Indian languages with reading and write support for SMS.
The Senior Mobile phone can be bought at major stores for Rs 3,499.
Watch in Sign Language
- New web-based remote promises to change TV viewing for people with disabilities
June 24, 2019
- #TechThursdays - Flexmo, a one-of-its-kind crutch, is engineered for all terrain types
June 20, 2019
- #TechThursdays - EMx turns the spotlight on early intervention & inclusive education in the 3rd edition
June 13, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 Driving change in attitudes towards disability in Jammu-Kashmir - My Take by Dildar Ahmad Shapoo
- Events June 20, 2019 Anxiety Disorders & Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Get-hooked June 24, 2019 Disabled adults experience the healing touch of animals for the first time at a therapy session
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Chennai hit by worst water crisis
- Headlines June 22, 2019 India deploys warships in view of US-Iran conflict
- Events June 20, 2019 With This Ability - Comedy and Conversation with Sweta Mantrii
- Parasports June 20, 2019 Sonakshi Sinha likely to play the part of Paralympian Deepa Malik
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Growing number of fake disability certification rackets highlight need for stricter checks & action
- Technology June 20, 2019 #TechThursdays - Flexmo, a one-of-its-kind crutch, is engineered for all terrain types
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News