District central libraries in Tamil Nadu to have accessible sections for blind readers
The Tamil Nadu government has plans to make all district central libraries in the state accessible for visually impaired people.
The government is hoping to follow the example set by the District Central Library in Tiruchi.
The District Central Library in Tiruchi in Tamil Nadu state has a huge collection of audiobooks for visually impaired visitors.
The library is a member of the book-share organisation and with the help of volunteers, has created a bank of 3,500 audio books.
The books are used by a number of regular blind visitors of the library.
The library has made a special section for blind visitors, so that they can access the audio books and improve their lives through knowledge and information.
Tiruchi library wants to go a step further and make more facilities available for the blind people with the help of volunteers.
Blind people will be trained to use computers and other devices to access to talking books and audio books.
In 2017, the library had conducted a training programme on ‘Access and Use of Digital Talking Book for Visually Impaired’ with the aid of Rotary Club of Tiruchi Elite.
Watch in Sign Language
- Ezy Mov, the wheelchair taxi service, makes Accessible Goa a reality
December 17, 2018
- Disabled travellers raise concern over toilets being shut down in railway platforms
December 17, 2018
- The wheelchair has given me wings to fly! - My Take by Dr Divya Singh
December 11, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 This Mumbai sports academy for disabled kids brings a spring to the steps & a smile
- Headlines December 16, 2018 13 miners in Meghalaya feared dead, search operations on
- Headlines December 13, 2018 Congress to form government in MP with Mayawati’s support
- Get-hooked December 16, 2018 Health Problems in children with Autism
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Why is Speech Therapy important? Some information
- Get-hooked December 16, 2018 Empowerment of disabled women was the focus of cross disability workshops in Kerala
- Events December 12, 2018 Planet Abled Barrier Free Skiing Adventure 2019
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Headlines December 11, 2018 Farmer sells 2,000-kg onion for 6/-, sends money to top politician
- Events December 13, 2018 DRIVE FOR AUTISM - A TSD CAR RALLY
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018