Lack of vision no barrier for 5 students from Himachal Pradesh who cracked the NET
The National Eligibility Test (NET) is a crucial exam that determines the merit for assistant professors and junior research fellowships in India. For the first time, five visually impaired students from Himachal Pradesh University (HPU) have cracked this test!
Among them is aspiring singer Muskan Thakur, who was the youth icon of the state election commission during the Himachal Pradesh assembly elections last year.
Along with Muskan, who has qualified in music, are Anuj Kumar for economics, Vinod Sharma and Jasbir Singh Lubana for political science, Ajai Kumar for history and Priyanka Thakur for law.
Over 50 disabled students, including 12 blind students, were studying in the university. All of them are getting free education since 2015.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 20, 2019 Two jets crash ahead of Bengaluru Aero India event, one pilot dies
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Salman Khan donates for families of Pulwama martyrs
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 63 government websites now accessible for disabled people, claims Centre. Not enough, says experts
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Superstar Rajinikanth will not contest Lok Sabha Elections
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
- Headlines February 21, 2019 Pulwama attack - Trump tells India & Pakistan to get along
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 18, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019
Get-hooked February 7, 2019