Lack of vision no barrier for 5 students from Himachal Pradesh who cracked the NET
August 3, 2018
The National Eligibility Test (NET) is a crucial exam that determines the merit for assistant professors and junior research fellowships in India. For the first time, five visually impaired students from Himachal Pradesh University (HPU) have cracked this test!
Among them is aspiring singer Muskan Thakur, who was the youth icon of the state election commission during the Himachal Pradesh assembly elections last year.
Along with Muskan, who has qualified in music, are Anuj Kumar for economics, Vinod Sharma and Jasbir Singh Lubana for political science, Ajai Kumar for history and Priyanka Thakur for law.
Over 50 disabled students, including 12 blind students, were studying in the university. All of them are getting free education since 2015.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Education June 10, 2019 Kidsville Educational Academy offers a shoulder to children with disabilities, & families too
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Lyse Bin Muhammad combines medicine & disability activism with ease
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 New foldable ramp at Chennai buses get mixed response
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Church in Ireland cancels invite to priest for comparing kids with autism to animals
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Wheelchair no barrier for a fit & healthy lifestyle, here's why
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Accept, Respect, Empower each other - Guest Column by Tapas Bharadwaj
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News