Rajasthan rehabilitation centre to train disabled people to become special educators
The government of Rajasthan has a plan to empower people with disabilities by training them to become qualified special education teachers.
The state government plans to open a Rehabilitation Council of India Centre in Rajasthan.
Here, people with disabilities will pursue a two-year diploma to train as special teachers. The central government has approved this proposal. This will be the first such major centre in Rajasthan.
The Rehabilitation Council of India Centre will start in September this year at the rehabilitation centre of Jamdoli. Preparations have begun to open the centre. Training will be given to people with hearing, speech, vision as well as mental disabilities.
The aim is to improve employment opportunities for people with disabilities. Currently, there is an acute shortage of special teachers in Rajasthan. The statistics tell the story.
- Number of special students in Rajasthan: 1,16,683
- Students - Classes 1 to 8: 87,000
- Students - Classed 9 to 12: 12,000
- Only 614 special teachers, required is close to 21,000
Watch in Sign Language
- One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
February 18, 2019
- Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
February 18, 2019
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Patients find centre stage in competencies aimed to develop disability-inclusive compassionate care
- Headlines February 11, 2019 ‘Gully Boy’ screened at Berlin Film Festival, gets positive reviews
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Superstar Rajinikanth will not contest Lok Sabha Elections
- Events February 12, 2019 World Women's Day
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
- Technology February 14, 2019 Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Headlines February 13, 2019 17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
- Events February 12, 2019 Empowering for Inclusion Summit 2019
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 9, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News