Rajasthan rehabilitation centre to train disabled people to become special educators
August 4, 2018
The government of Rajasthan has a plan to empower people with disabilities by training them to become qualified special education teachers.
The state government plans to open a Rehabilitation Council of India Centre in Rajasthan.
Here, people with disabilities will pursue a two-year diploma to train as special teachers. The central government has approved this proposal. This will be the first such major centre in Rajasthan.
The Rehabilitation Council of India Centre will start in September this year at the rehabilitation centre of Jamdoli. Preparations have begun to open the centre. Training will be given to people with hearing, speech, vision as well as mental disabilities.
The aim is to improve employment opportunities for people with disabilities. Currently, there is an acute shortage of special teachers in Rajasthan. The statistics tell the story.
- Number of special students in Rajasthan: 1,16,683
- Students - Classes 1 to 8: 87,000
- Students - Classed 9 to 12: 12,000
- Only 614 special teachers, required is close to 21,000
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Second voting phase-Key points
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable deaf voters make an informed choice
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Congress spokesperson attacks her party
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News