Rajasthan rehabilitation centre to train disabled people to become special educators
August 4, 2018
The government of Rajasthan has a plan to empower people with disabilities by training them to become qualified special education teachers.
The state government plans to open a Rehabilitation Council of India Centre in Rajasthan.
Here, people with disabilities will pursue a two-year diploma to train as special teachers. The central government has approved this proposal. This will be the first such major centre in Rajasthan.
The Rehabilitation Council of India Centre will start in September this year at the rehabilitation centre of Jamdoli. Preparations have begun to open the centre. Training will be given to people with hearing, speech, vision as well as mental disabilities.
The aim is to improve employment opportunities for people with disabilities. Currently, there is an acute shortage of special teachers in Rajasthan. The statistics tell the story.
- Number of special students in Rajasthan: 1,16,683
- Students - Classes 1 to 8: 87,000
- Students - Classed 9 to 12: 12,000
- Only 614 special teachers, required is close to 21,000
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Sherin & Neerada’s deep bond of friendship is rooted in understanding & respect
- Events June 17, 2019 Indian Freedom Struggle through a musical play
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Understanding Fibromyalgia
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 These surprise gift boxes by Little Trovebox has people hooked
- Headlines June 14, 2019 Sania Mirza slams TV ads ahead of India-Pak match
- Events June 13, 2019 Read for Mental Health
- Headlines June 11, 2019 PM says Rahul yet to recover from poll loss
- Technology June 12, 2019 Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Why my dad's my superhero - Father's Day Tributes
- Technology June 13, 2019 #TechThursdays - EMx turns the spotlight on early intervention & inclusive education in the 3rd edition
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News