Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
Hello readers! Another week went by and a lot has happened in the world around us! Here is a quick recap of the trending stories on NewzHook this week.
For cricket lovers there is a special series coming up this year. India-Pakistan blind cricket series will be played in November.
Paralympian Deepa Malik is to compete in discus & javelin events at Asian Para Games.
The sustained rape and abuse of a deaf teenager in Chennai by 17 men continues to move hearts across India. In Maharashtra and Assam and Delhi protests were held by disabled people and activists demanding tougher laws.
Meanwhile in Chennai the family of the deaf child expressed their pain at being blamed for what the girl went through.
Watch in Sign Language
- One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
February 18, 2019
- Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
February 18, 2019
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
- Parasports February 12, 2019 Indian disabled cricket team gets invite from Pakistan
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Priyanka Gandhi launches mega poll rally in U.P
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Patients find centre stage in competencies aimed to develop disability-inclusive compassionate care
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Vande Bharat Express breaks down a day after launch
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019