Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
Hello readers! Another week went by and a lot has happened in the world around us! Here is a quick recap of the trending stories on NewzHook this week.
For cricket lovers there is a special series coming up this year. India-Pakistan blind cricket series will be played in November.
Paralympian Deepa Malik is to compete in discus & javelin events at Asian Para Games.
The sustained rape and abuse of a deaf teenager in Chennai by 17 men continues to move hearts across India. In Maharashtra and Assam and Delhi protests were held by disabled people and activists demanding tougher laws.
Meanwhile in Chennai the family of the deaf child expressed their pain at being blamed for what the girl went through.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility October 23, 2018 'Meet' the man who is bringing Hindi & Urdu poetry alive for visually impaired people
- Events October 17, 2018 Inclusive Dandiya Nite
- Events October 22, 2018 Tandav 5.0 Volunteer Meetup #2
- Get-hooked October 17, 2018 Sudeep Shukla, India's first deaf MLA candidate looks forward to making history
- Get-hooked October 20, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Get-hooked October 23, 2018 Hum-Drum, a participatory musical program for children with disabilities - My Take by Rzhude David
- Technology October 17, 2018 Regional language dyslexia screening tool, DALI, now available as an app
- Get-hooked October 18, 2018 ALFAA centre for people with autism has a story of remarkable spirit behind it
- Parasports October 23, 2018 Mumbai to host first national throwball & swimming camp this week
- Get-hooked October 21, 2018 Inclusion should begin early to build greater understanding & awareness, say experts
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News