Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
August 4, 2018
Hello readers! Another week went by and a lot has happened in the world around us! Here is a quick recap of the trending stories on NewzHook this week.
For cricket lovers there is a special series coming up this year. India-Pakistan blind cricket series will be played in November.
Paralympian Deepa Malik is to compete in discus & javelin events at Asian Para Games.
The sustained rape and abuse of a deaf teenager in Chennai by 17 men continues to move hearts across India. In Maharashtra and Assam and Delhi protests were held by disabled people and activists demanding tougher laws.
Meanwhile in Chennai the family of the deaf child expressed their pain at being blamed for what the girl went through.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
- Events April 22, 2019 Learn to manage your own career
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 #AutismPower - Arun Prasad inspires young people with autism to live life independently
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Second voting phase-Key points
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News