Review of Malayalam movie ‘Maradona’
Malayali film audience have not yet gotten over actor Tovino’s brilliant performance in his last ‘Mayanadhi’. Film buffs are in for yet another surprise from Tovino Thomas in his latest outing ‘Maradona’.
The title role played by Tovino Thomas, is a goon who seeks refuge in his estranged cousin’s home in Bengaluru after a tiff with a politician’s son back home. Since he had a broken leg after the fight, Maradona is quite aloof. When his cousin and family go for a vacation, Maradona decided to stay in their apartment only to realise that he has been accidentally locked in by the family!
He has to fend himself and their pet dog Rambo with whom he develops a strong bond of friendship. In order to kill time, he starts interacting with fellow flat mates from his balcony including a young man of his age, an elderly person who stays alone and a young home nurse who works next door who turns out to be the heroine of the movie.
Newbie Sharanya Nair plays the role of Asha, the home nurse. Maradona and Asha fall in love, and she plays an important role in softening a tough criminal that Maradona is.
As per the instructions from the politician, Martin, played by Chemban Vinod is in the lookout for Maradona and his friend Sudhi who are behind the brutal attack. The movie takes us to bits and pieces of Maradona’s past and what he has been doing for a living.
Tovino plays the brutal hard-hearted goon who is unapologetic and cruel even to kids. His charming looks would easily woo the audience. It seems quite impossible to hate this handsome villain! But the climax might not be something that you would expect for such a thriller.
Maradona was directed by debutant Vishnu Narayan, who is definitely a promise to Malayalam cinema. The director has really worked on the script to make it interesting for his audience. Sushin Shyam’s music needs no introduction. This youngster knows how to strike the right chords!
Malayali audience are quite familiar to supporting actors Chemban Vinod, Leona, Jins Bhaskar and Shalu Rahim. Apart from them, the director has introduced a league of new faces. All of them have put up a great show.
Overall, ‘Maradona’ is a thriller filled with comedy, drama and romance in right proportions. You just would not want to miss this in theatres near you!
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines November 14, 2018 Prime Minister Modi launches projects over ₹2,400 crore in Varanasi
- Events November 15, 2018 Convention Against Sexual Assaults on Women with Disabilities
- Headlines November 13, 2018 Rohit Sharma in list of batsmen with over 200 boundaries in T20Is
- Events November 20, 2018 Basic Computer Training Program for Children & Adults with Special Needs
- Education November 14, 2018 Understanding the Learning Disability - Dyslexia
- Accessibility November 15, 2018 Lack of clarity on revised admission norms leaves disabled students & parents groping in the dark
- Get-hooked November 18, 2018 5 things you must know about wheelchair users
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked November 17, 2018