2020 Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games to have facial recognition system
August 8, 2018
Japan is busy in preparing for the 2020 Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games. New and latest technology is being used to make the games successful and memorable.
As per reports, for the first time ever, facial recognition software will be used at the 2020 Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Japanese company NEC is providing the system for use during the games. The facial recognition system will be used to identify more than 300,000 people including athletes, volunteers, media and the other staff taking part in the events.
The system is expected to ensure security and accuracy at the various venues were the Olympians and Paralympians will show off their skills.
To use the system people will need to hold up a card with their facial data at security check points.
Watch in Sign Language
- Western Railways’ monsoon helpdesks for disabled people, elderly are a winning idea
July 15, 2019
- Trichy Central Library brings written word alive for new audiences with a section for deaf readers
July 13, 2019
- Coimbatore City Municipal Corporation gets set to make buildings accessible
July 12, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines July 20, 2019 Karnataka trust vote adjourned to Monday
- Headlines July 19, 2019 13 dead in Mumbai building collapse
- Events July 18, 2019 Exclusive Job Fair For Differently Abled
- Headlines July 14, 2019 Middle order batsman failed, causing India's collapse, says coach
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Karnataka government trust vote on Thursday
- Events July 18, 2019 Josh Run
- Get-hooked July 15, 2019 Sibaji Panda is bringing Indian sign language to the forefront
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 Some tips to help a child with Down syndrome sleep better
- Education July 15, 2019 Viewing the draft National Education Policy 2019 through the disability lens - Guest column by Shampa Sengupta
- Get-hooked July 15, 2019 Freedom Carnival 2019 celebrates inclusion with children with disabilities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News