2020 Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games to have facial recognition system
August 8, 2018
Japan is busy in preparing for the 2020 Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games. New and latest technology is being used to make the games successful and memorable.
As per reports, for the first time ever, facial recognition software will be used at the 2020 Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Japanese company NEC is providing the system for use during the games. The facial recognition system will be used to identify more than 300,000 people including athletes, volunteers, media and the other staff taking part in the events.
The system is expected to ensure security and accuracy at the various venues were the Olympians and Paralympians will show off their skills.
To use the system people will need to hold up a card with their facial data at security check points.
Watch in Sign Language
- Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
April 21, 2019
- In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
April 20, 2019
- CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
April 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable deaf voters make an informed choice
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Maneka Gandhi gets notice from Election Commission
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Events April 18, 2019 Special Summer Camp
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 What Good Are We? - Guest column by Arun Dua
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News