2020 Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games to have facial recognition system
Japan is busy in preparing for the 2020 Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games. New and latest technology is being used to make the games successful and memorable.
As per reports, for the first time ever, facial recognition software will be used at the 2020 Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Japanese company NEC is providing the system for use during the games. The facial recognition system will be used to identify more than 300,000 people including athletes, volunteers, media and the other staff taking part in the events.
The system is expected to ensure security and accuracy at the various venues were the Olympians and Paralympians will show off their skills.
To use the system people will need to hold up a card with their facial data at security check points.
Watch in Sign Language
- Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
February 15, 2019
- Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
February 13, 2019
- Kerala government introduces exclusive courts to handle cases for disabled people
February 13, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Munambam Beach in Kerala all set to become disabled-friendly
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Impure alcohol kills 82 in U.P, Uttarakhand
- Headlines February 13, 2019 17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
- Events February 13, 2019 Job Oriented Preparatory Workshop for persons with disabilities
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Accessibility February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019