Darpan Inani wins major title in blind chess in France!
India's Darpan Inani has made a terrific comeback in the world of blind chess! Darpan, who had stopped taking part in competitive chess for nearly two years, has become India's highest-rated visually impairedchess player.
Inani, who is completely blind, is the only Indian to win an international prize at the Creon Open Chess tournament in France. He got this award after he increased 30 ELO rating points in a single tournament. His rating has improved to 2015.
What is remarkable about Inani is his attitude. He has always challenged himself and achieved such a solid rating after competing in mostly sighted championships.
Along with this, he continued to pursue chartered accountancy. He does not have any regular sponsor or coach so this is entirely the result of his diligence and commitment.
In May 2018, Inani also assisted Project Checkmate, which is an initiative to spread blind chess in India. He created a video just for this project and its students, a sign of how much he loves the game.
Darpan's aim is to become India's first 100% blind chess International Master . The world is waiting to see what this man from Vadodara in Gujarat does next.
Watch in Sign Language
- Mumbai to host first national throwball & swimming camp this week
October 23, 2018
- India whitewash Sri Lanka, win T20 series 5-0
October 23, 2018
- India take on Sri Lanka in 5th & final match of T20 blind cricket series today
October 22, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility October 21, 2018 Wheelchair taxi service Ezy Mov is set to go places
- Headlines October 20, 2018 Sabrimalai temple priests continue to block women's entry into temple
- Parasports October 22, 2018 India take on Sri Lanka in 5th & final match of T20 blind cricket series today
- Education October 20, 2018 Some ways to help kids with autism prepare for exams
- Get-hooked October 20, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Parasports October 22, 2018 Mandvi Garg battled depression, vision loss to come back as a champion trekker
- Accessibility October 23, 2018 'Meet' the man who is bringing Hindi & Urdu poetry alive for visually impaired people
- Headlines October 19, 2018 Air quality in Delhi dips to very poor, emergency meeting held
- Get-hooked October 23, 2018 Check out these fun indoor games for children with autism
- Headlines October 22, 2018 Three more women denied entry into Sabarimala
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News