Darpan Inani wins major title in blind chess in France!
August 9, 2018
India's Darpan Inani has made a terrific comeback in the world of blind chess! Darpan, who had stopped taking part in competitive chess for nearly two years, has become India's highest-rated visually impairedchess player.
Inani, who is completely blind, is the only Indian to win an international prize at the Creon Open Chess tournament in France. He got this award after he increased 30 ELO rating points in a single tournament. His rating has improved to 2015.
What is remarkable about Inani is his attitude. He has always challenged himself and achieved such a solid rating after competing in mostly sighted championships.
Along with this, he continued to pursue chartered accountancy. He does not have any regular sponsor or coach so this is entirely the result of his diligence and commitment.
In May 2018, Inani also assisted Project Checkmate, which is an initiative to spread blind chess in India. He created a video just for this project and its students, a sign of how much he loves the game.
Darpan's aim is to become India's first 100% blind chess International Master . The world is waiting to see what this man from Vadodara in Gujarat does next.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events March 17, 2019 Accessible Text Creation Workshop
- Get-hooked March 15, 2019 First PM Modi, now Mamata Banerjee shocks & offends with comments about mental disability
- Get-hooked March 21, 2019 In enabling son Advait to unlock his potential, mom Smrithy came into her own as an empowered parent
- Headlines March 18, 2019 Goa CM Manohar Parrikar is no more
- Accessibility March 17, 2019 Awareness about accessible election facilities still an issue in Arunachal Pradesh
- Headlines March 20, 2019 Madhya Pradesh girl raped & killed, uncle & brothers accused
- Events March 20, 2019 Parent Interaction With Jo Chopra
- Headlines March 17, 2019 Narendra Modi launches ‘Main Bhi Chowkidar’ campaign
- Headlines March 22, 2019 Trailer of biopic PM Narendra Modi gets over one million views
- Get-hooked March 18, 2019 Disability rights rules amended for people with high support needs
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News