Darpan Inani wins major title in blind chess in France!
August 9, 2018
India's Darpan Inani has made a terrific comeback in the world of blind chess! Darpan, who had stopped taking part in competitive chess for nearly two years, has become India's highest-rated visually impairedchess player.
Inani, who is completely blind, is the only Indian to win an international prize at the Creon Open Chess tournament in France. He got this award after he increased 30 ELO rating points in a single tournament. His rating has improved to 2015.
What is remarkable about Inani is his attitude. He has always challenged himself and achieved such a solid rating after competing in mostly sighted championships.
Along with this, he continued to pursue chartered accountancy. He does not have any regular sponsor or coach so this is entirely the result of his diligence and commitment.
In May 2018, Inani also assisted Project Checkmate, which is an initiative to spread blind chess in India. He created a video just for this project and its students, a sign of how much he loves the game.
Darpan's aim is to become India's first 100% blind chess International Master . The world is waiting to see what this man from Vadodara in Gujarat does next.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports August 19, 2019 Indian para athletes hold the flag high at 2019 World Para Athletics Grand Prix
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Ex-minister Arun Jaitley on life support
- Get-Hooked August 26, 2019 Differences in viewpoints must be respected. - Guest Column by Tapas Bharadwaj
- Get-Hooked August 25, 2019 Understanding Teaching Nonverbal Children
- Accessibility August 19, 2019 #InclusionChamps – Ankita Gulati wins Universal Design Award 2019 for TouchVision
- Technology August 20, 2019 New robots to assist sportspersons at 2020 Tokyo Paralympics
- Education August 21, 2019 Happy Hands School is enabling deaf children in rural Odisha to learn in sign language
- Headlines August 23, 2019 Amazon forest burns at record rate
- Get-Hooked August 25, 2019 South Korea’s Duckhee is 1st deaf tennis player to win men's professional tournament
- Headlines August 24, 2019 No more peace talks with India, says Imran Khan
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News