Darpan Inani wins major title in blind chess in France!
India's Darpan Inani has made a terrific comeback in the world of blind chess! Darpan, who had stopped taking part in competitive chess for nearly two years, has become India's highest-rated visually impairedchess player.
Inani, who is completely blind, is the only Indian to win an international prize at the Creon Open Chess tournament in France. He got this award after he increased 30 ELO rating points in a single tournament. His rating has improved to 2015.
What is remarkable about Inani is his attitude. He has always challenged himself and achieved such a solid rating after competing in mostly sighted championships.
Along with this, he continued to pursue chartered accountancy. He does not have any regular sponsor or coach so this is entirely the result of his diligence and commitment.
In May 2018, Inani also assisted Project Checkmate, which is an initiative to spread blind chess in India. He created a video just for this project and its students, a sign of how much he loves the game.
Darpan's aim is to become India's first 100% blind chess International Master . The world is waiting to see what this man from Vadodara in Gujarat does next.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events January 20, 2019 Trinayani's 18th Inclusive Monthly Meetup
- Headlines January 17, 2019 Jadavpur University Professor sacked for sexist remarks
- Parasports January 22, 2019 “My blade are my wings to fly”- My Take by Sajesh Krishnan, Kerala’s first blade runner
- Get-hooked January 19, 2019 Fed up of delays in updated guidelines for disabled MBBS aspirants, activists approach minister
- Headlines January 18, 2019 India to face Australia in ODI final today
- Technology January 23, 2019 Inspiration is just a phone call away thanks to EnAble Vaani
- Events January 18, 2019 Thematic Concert on Sufi and Bhakti
- Get-hooked January 19, 2019 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Parasports January 22, 2019 Champions with disabilities display guts & glory at the 2019 Tata Mumbai Marathon
- Accessibility January 18, 2019 Goa Carnival 2019 promises to be wheelchair accessible
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News