With XL Cinema app, blind & visually impaired people can enjoy films!
Its called XL Cinema and the app allows users to enjoy a film in any langauge of their choice at theatres. Developed by engineer Kunal Prasad and his wife, Deeti, the app will allow everyone, the visually impaired, sighted or those who have language challenges to enjoy films.
XL Cinema synchronises the movie's visuals and enables different audio tracks exclusively for the user. It has an audio description mode that narrates the non-verbal parts of the film. This means expressions and special effects to the viewer so a blind person can enjoy the film better.
The technology is not limited to any particular geographical area. If audio facilities are available on the app, a user can generate an audio ticket by clicking on the app and selecting the mode of choice.
Once inside the theatre, the app automatically synchronises the choice of audio with the visual and the user can access it via headphones.
The content for the audio description has been created by the NGO Saksham.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Why is Speech Therapy important? Some information
- Get-hooked December 9, 2018 These disabled youngsters find their passion in something unique
- Get-hooked December 11, 2018 Samarthanam's Bengaluru Walkathon highlights inclusion in digital media
- Events December 9, 2018 Mumbai Memory Cafe
- Employment December 12, 2018 Visual impairment is no barrier to a successful career. Here are some tips
- Events December 8, 2018 Poetry and Talent Nite at Mitr
- Headlines December 13, 2018 India vs Australia - Prithvi Shaw will miss second Test
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 What makes them Disability Heroes - World Disability Day Special
- Headlines December 13, 2018 Zomato delivery boy sacked after video goes viral
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 4% job reservation for disabled people announced in Goa
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News