Bathinda administration's website updated with something exclusive for blind users!
Most of the times, people with disabilities have a tough time accessing government websites of central and local administrations due to lack of accessibility. But Bathinda administration from Punjab is being the torch bearers for the change that we all would love to see! They have something in store for blind people in the district.
The new renovated website www.bathinda.nic.in was launched on Tuesday, and is now open to public. This new website has many new features. The prime one being accessibility for blind users.
Blind people can get a hold of the latest news from district administration by using a special software. Details of this are provided in the revamped website. This new software has audio facilities. Hence, blind people can operate it with no hassles. This new software can easily be installed in any computer systems.
Colour blind users can change the contrast of website in order to get an easy access.
Collector rates, driving licence application, passport applications, property registration, e-district sewa and details of administrative officers are all provided in the website.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked October 20, 2018 Chaarana Centre for Special Needs is a haven for disabled children in Bengaluru
- Parasports October 22, 2018 Mandvi Garg battled depression, vision loss to come back as a champion trekker
- Accessibility October 19, 2018 Mumbai bookstore Trilogy is helping to spread the word about Braille
- Headlines October 20, 2018 59 people dead as train runs them over in Amritsar
- Get-hooked October 21, 2018 Indian Sign Language gets to wider audience, thanks to GiftAbled Foundation
- Parasports October 18, 2018 Prime Minister Modi meets India's Para Asian Games players
- Technology October 23, 2018 What visually impaired people should look for while buying a phone
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Accessibility October 16, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News