Bathinda administration's website updated with something exclusive for blind users!
August 9, 2018
Most of the times, people with disabilities have a tough time accessing government websites of central and local administrations due to lack of accessibility. But Bathinda administration from Punjab is being the torch bearers for the change that we all would love to see! They have something in store for blind people in the district.
The new renovated website www.bathinda.nic.in was launched on Tuesday, and is now open to public. This new website has many new features. The prime one being accessibility for blind users.
Blind people can get a hold of the latest news from district administration by using a special software. Details of this are provided in the revamped website. This new software has audio facilities. Hence, blind people can operate it with no hassles. This new software can easily be installed in any computer systems.
Colour blind users can change the contrast of website in order to get an easy access.
Collector rates, driving licence application, passport applications, property registration, e-district sewa and details of administrative officers are all provided in the website.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports August 21, 2019 Indian para swimmers successfully swim the Catalina Channel, set Asia record
- Headlines August 22, 2019 Pakistan to seek help of world court on J&K
- Technology August 23, 2019 #InclusionChamps – Low cost foot orthosis wins Aneesh Karma wins Universal Design Award 2019
- Events August 22, 2019 Creative Pattern Workshop For Individuals with Special Needs
- Accessibility August 23, 2019 Disabled people push for need of accessible & disabled-friendly Indian Railways
- Headlines August 24, 2019 No more peace talks with India, says Imran Khan
- Headlines August 22, 2019 BJP leader files complaint against Anurag Kashyap
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News