Bathinda administration's website updated with something exclusive for blind users!
Most of the times, people with disabilities have a tough time accessing government websites of central and local administrations due to lack of accessibility. But Bathinda administration from Punjab is being the torch bearers for the change that we all would love to see! They have something in store for blind people in the district.
The new renovated website www.bathinda.nic.in was launched on Tuesday, and is now open to public. This new website has many new features. The prime one being accessibility for blind users.
Blind people can get a hold of the latest news from district administration by using a special software. Details of this are provided in the revamped website. This new software has audio facilities. Hence, blind people can operate it with no hassles. This new software can easily be installed in any computer systems.
Colour blind users can change the contrast of website in order to get an easy access.
Collector rates, driving licence application, passport applications, property registration, e-district sewa and details of administrative officers are all provided in the website.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology January 20, 2019 Assistive technologies help children with Down syndrome. Here's how
- Accessibility January 20, 2019 Get set for #Sabkeliye, India's biggest & boldest accessible shopping initiative ever
- Events January 19, 2019 Workshop on Secrets to Deal with ADHD Children
- Parasports January 22, 2019 “My blade are my wings to fly”- My Take by Sajesh Krishnan, Kerala’s first blade runner
- Get-hooked January 18, 2019 Sports are ideal for children with autism. Here is how.
- Events January 20, 2019 Deaf Awareness India- Guests Lecture
- Get-hooked January 18, 2019 Changing lives of disabled people for the better, the Swabhiman way
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News