Bathinda administration's website updated with something exclusive for blind users!
August 9, 2018
Most of the times, people with disabilities have a tough time accessing government websites of central and local administrations due to lack of accessibility. But Bathinda administration from Punjab is being the torch bearers for the change that we all would love to see! They have something in store for blind people in the district.
The new renovated website www.bathinda.nic.in was launched on Tuesday, and is now open to public. This new website has many new features. The prime one being accessibility for blind users.
Blind people can get a hold of the latest news from district administration by using a special software. Details of this are provided in the revamped website. This new software has audio facilities. Hence, blind people can operate it with no hassles. This new software can easily be installed in any computer systems.
Colour blind users can change the contrast of website in order to get an easy access.
Collector rates, driving licence application, passport applications, property registration, e-district sewa and details of administrative officers are all provided in the website.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 Music knows no boundaries so why barriers at concert venues, ask disabled music lovers
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 Parenting Corner - Feeling Guilty
- Education May 23, 2019 Hyderabad schools strictly warned not to deny admission to children with disabilities
- Accessibility May 17, 2019 Anuprayaas is making railway stations inclusive & accessible for visually impaired people
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 CRPF jawan & Pulwama attack survivor feeds disabled boy in Kashmir, wins hearts
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 #BeingMom - Behind swimming champ Ankita Anvikar's success story is mom Anjali
- Employment May 19, 2019 At Indore workshop on workplace inclusion, corporates share learnings & inspiring stories
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News