Bathinda administration's website updated with something exclusive for blind users!
August 9, 2018
Most of the times, people with disabilities have a tough time accessing government websites of central and local administrations due to lack of accessibility. But Bathinda administration from Punjab is being the torch bearers for the change that we all would love to see! They have something in store for blind people in the district.
The new renovated website www.bathinda.nic.in was launched on Tuesday, and is now open to public. This new website has many new features. The prime one being accessibility for blind users.
Blind people can get a hold of the latest news from district administration by using a special software. Details of this are provided in the revamped website. This new software has audio facilities. Hence, blind people can operate it with no hassles. This new software can easily be installed in any computer systems.
Colour blind users can change the contrast of website in order to get an easy access.
Collector rates, driving licence application, passport applications, property registration, e-district sewa and details of administrative officers are all provided in the website.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked March 16, 2019 Some tips to help children with learning disabilities
- Headlines March 18, 2019 Indian cricket team gears up for World Cup 2019
- Get-hooked March 16, 2019 #WonderWoman - Priya Bhargav embodies the warrior spirit in many ways
- Events March 20, 2019 Samam Vidya & Tinkerama Summer camp
- Headlines March 21, 2019 Nirav Modi arrested in London
- Get-hooked March 20, 2019 Madras High Court increases aid for disabled people under assistance scheme by 25%
- Get-hooked March 22, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News