Distribution of Assistive Devices and Self Employment kits
CSR Initiatives Of The Oil & Natural Gas Corporation Ltd. ONGC has pledged under their CSR Initiatives a sum of Rs. 16,31,475/- for providing Assistive Devices & Self Employment Aid to 153 differently abled persons. The total amount of Rs. 16, 31,475 has been sanctioned under the project title of FREE DISTRIBUTION OF Assistive Devices & Self- Employment Aids to PERSONS WITH DISABILITES.
The objective of the CSR initiative of ONGC is Access free world and Environment friendly world for Persons with Disabilities and to make them self-independent by providing them with Self-Employment Kits.
Mr. Debasis Basu, ED-Asset Manager, ONGC, Ahmedabad Asset will be present as Chief Guest during the distribution of Hearing Aids, Sewing Machines, Petty Shops, Hand-Carts,Printer, Laptop , Beauty Parlour Kit, Provision Kit, MR Kit, Smart Cane, Radio with Pen drive etc.
Senior executives from ONGC, PDPU and NAB will be present. In addition to above, 1000 sensory units which is a patent of PDPU will be distributed to visually impaired persons thus facilitating their better mobility.
This is the Second time that ONGC, Ahmedabad Asset in association with NAB and PDPU has undertaken such a large distribution program which will give wings to PWD's and will give them self-employment opportunities.
- Starts on: Tuesday, 14 Aug 2018 at 04:00 PM
- Ends on: Tuesday, 14 Aug 2018 at 04:30 PM
- City: Ahmedabad
- Location: Blind People's Association India Vastrapur, 132 ft Ring Road
- Event Charges: Free
- Venue Accessibility: Contact Organizer
- Organizer Name: Blind People's Association India
- Organizer Phone: 079 2630 3346
- Organizer Website: http://www.bpaindia.org/
Read more on Newz Hook
- Employment March 18, 2019 Kerala government’s Kaivalya Project yet to take off, disability rights groups disappointed
- Get-hooked March 20, 2019 Madras High Court increases aid for disabled people under assistance scheme by 25%
- Get-hooked March 21, 2019 A unique session on STEM education for blind students
- Headlines March 21, 2019 All IPL 2019 matches will be played in India
- Headlines March 22, 2019 BJP releases first list of candidates for elections
- Accessibility March 20, 2019 Global brand IKEA goes accessible, launches 3D printable furniture pieces
- Accessibility March 22, 2019 Kochi Muziris Biennale introduces Braille texts, becomes torch-bearers for inclusive art festivals
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Events March 19, 2019
Events March 11, 2019
Events March 8, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News